Which foxpro for the money? Is foxpro the only real option?

Prairie_Ghost

I have hunted coyotes over 20 years with hand calls and had great success. I recently borrowed my uncle's fury and was amazed with the results, until I got home and started shopping and saw the price... I hunt 2-3 times per week, so I want a serious e-caller, but can I get one for a hundred to two hundred that will do the trick??? I don't want junk, but there are so many calls out there. The 35 calls on the fx3 look great, but on the prairies of northern Co, what do you guys suggest as far as bang for the buck? does it have to be foxpro?

I would get up with DogginCoyotes. He is there in Co. He makes some nice callers. He is on PM all the time.

If you buy a e caller from a company I would say FoxPro is the way to go.

Warranty says a lot when buying, and FoxPro has that one in their corner. I am sure that a lot of other callers will bring in Coyotes.. but if they break? I have a FoxPro, My 3rd.. but I keep my hand calls just in case. Good luck.

There is a lot of difference between the entry level callers and a Fury. You can find a good buy on a Fury in the classifieds, either on this forum or on the FoxPro forum.

I currently have a Foxpro Shockwave. I also have a Wildlife Tech MA-21. I have owned a Minaska Ultimate One and Primos Alpha Dogg. Orneryolfart357 is right about Foxpro's warranty. It is the best in the biz. I really liked the Primos Alpha Dogg and it may be an option for you at a little more than $200. However, the one time I dealt with there CS I was less than impressed even though in the end they took care of me. It took a couple different phone calls until I got a guy that i could deal with.

If I were you, I would save up for one of the the higher end Foxpros like the Shockwave, Fury, or CS24. They will have the volume you will need for the wide open spaces. The alpha dogg would have the volume too. You could go with one of the lower price point foxpros and pair it with their SP55 or SP60 speaker to get the extra volume. I am sure the wind blows about the same in Colorado as it does in SD, and you will eventually want the extra volume.

Foxpro all the way. Their CS will be hard to beat. Like others have said look on the classifieds or check into a reconditioned one it will be the best $ spent.

I really like my Wildlife Technologies MA21 and still have my FP Scorpion with extra speaker. I have used other FoxPros too, and they definitely work fine. For me, I gotta say the MA21 beats out the FP in results (dogs in range) and remote range and reliability. Bill has been great to work with for us...he came out for a west coast visit in the fall. Dave had Bill and son out for several hunts and they had a blast. Ultimately, it's all about your budget... Oh...and, if you are around 50 years old, forget reading the low end FP displays...I had to use the numbers and a printed list!!!

I've owned most of the name brand callers including several FoxPro models. The absolute best e caller as far as sound realism, clarity, volumn, and reliability has been the Wildlife Tech MA-21.

My success rate has doubled since buying it.

Originally Posted By: cmatera Best sounds-Wildlife Technologies
Best technology/most features-Foxpro
Best value Primos (Alpha Dogg only)
Dang near sums it up...except resale value goes to Fox Pro.

Some of you fellows would gain a lot from hearing the FoxPro Krakatoa II. It is light years ahead of any other ecaller I have heard, including the Mighty Atom. The remote is far superior to anything on the market and customer service is the best in the industry. Perhaps best of all, you can put any mp3, Wave, or FXP sounds on there, even make sequences. The presets are outstanding and easy to set up.

I agree that in that product line, the FP is impressive. Not too many guys want to pack around a 5+ pound caller though, with the likely exception of crow hunters. The FP has the better remote, the WT the better sounds. From what I can tell reading a lot of posts here, most hunters are not dying to get their hands on FP's sounds; of course they are easiest to use on a FP caller. In the years I've been on here, little has changed. Most would like the technology of an FP caller, with WT and Johnny Stewart sounds. We will likely never get the holy grail.

Originally Posted By: cmatera We will likely never get the holy grail.

Some possibly have.
whistle.gif

But really, who has the best sounds, who has the best caller, who has the biggest tally whacker, blah, blah, blah don't mean to damm much.

Outfit a guy who knows what he's doing with an old cassette caller and put him on some ground with coyotes, he'll call and kill em.. No high tech digital crap needed.

I agree with you, DC, but put a knowledgeable hunter out there with a good ecaller and some good hand calls, and he'll kill more.

Back