?'s on Ruger M77 280 rem, Howa 1500 25-06

mnbowhunter

Was at a local shop and they had a few guns I was interested in. Not really in the market for a specific gun. Im more of an opportunistic buyer. If I see something I like I may buy it. So with that. They has a Ruger M77 stainless/syn. in 280 Rem. It was used but looked great. I know alittle about the round but not much about the gun. Would the 280 do anything my 7mm Rem Mag or 270wsm cant or is it different enough to make it a good addition? How are the Rugers? Ive heard some on both side as in accuracy. Have you had good luck with them? The shop also had a Howa 1500 with a Hogue stock. I have to Weatherby Vanguards and they are super accurate. Is that the norm. for this line of rifle? How do you like the 25-06 or this rifle? Your luck with it? Just looking for experiences and opinions on these guns. I don't need them but am always looking to add new guns.

The .280 Rem. is right inbetween the .270 Win. and the .30-06 ballistically.

I've had luck with Rugers. My No 1 is capable of MOA, I've got a GSR as well as a Frontier that both show promise but I've not done any serious acting with them yet.

I have the Ruger AW in .280.It's a great shooter but other than a little less recoil it's not much different than those others you have.On the other hand you could have it chambered to the AI.280 which a lot of folks like a lot.No experience with Howa's.

Back