ATN Night Arrow 6 cgt scope

I will call some dealers today but I really appreciate you guys help. How long have these digital devices been on the market? They don't classify the digital devices as to generation do they. Without IR they don't compare but the Pulsar has built in IR and seems nice in a utube video anyway.

You will likely need another bright ir light, like a eagletac t100c2 or tnvc torch pro. I think all the pulsar is a video camera more or less. I've never owned one so I can't say that it is junk but I will say that it is prolly not gen 3 if it was everybody and their brother would own and not spend thousands more on gen 3.

What would you pick and why? I'm quoted an Armasite Zeus Thermal scope @ about $6000. Or a quote on Flir PS32 and Armasite Vulcan Gen 3 with only 2x mag. for right at $6000. Or TNVC's D740 and the Flir PS32 for right at $6700. Still have to try to get decent IR for about $190 unless I just get the Zeus thermal unit then I don't need the IR do I.

Talked to a guy at nightvision4less and he is pushing a D750. It is 4x magnification like the D740 but he is swearing the tube is a little more special, The price is special too $4800. I'm leaning toward the D760 for $4300. I hate spending that kind of money without a test drive, but they say it is returnable within 10 days. Wish me luck.

I've looked through a d750 they are excellent scopes if you want to spend the extra money over the d740 that would be a good choice. If it was me a would get a 6x scope. I've hunted with the 4x and of you have stands where there are 250-300 yard shots that extra 2x will help out. Now if your going the 6x route the best bang for you buck would be the Aquila an/pvs12a from tnvc $4295 or a raptor m646 from willsoptics $4999. I have personally looked through both of these scopes being that I have 3 friends that own aquilas and I personally own a raptor with two other friends that own them. The nv images are the best of the best, my d760 has a hand select tube and while it is excellent it is still not as crisp as the other two I mentioned.

Originally Posted By: igorOK sold,almost. You guys should get a commission on this. PS24 for $1999 and PS 32 for $2999.

Shop around you will find them for $200+ LESS!
Get the PS32 and forget the ps24.

Originally Posted By: igorIf I decide to do this it will be gen 3. The pvs 14 is interesting with the capability of scanning and then snapping it to a day scope but there appears to be some disagreement as to the practicality of that set up. I understand it is fatiguing and impractical to scan with a gun mounted unit so do most hunters use a separate NV unit to scan with or do most scan with a red light. How does IR illumination fit in here. Thanks

I've been successfully scanning and snapping on a PVS-14 and other monoculars for several years now with very good success. No, it is not as effective as having a unit to scan with and a unit to shoot with but you have just doubled the cost of "getting in the NV game" by going that route. It does take some initial practice to get good at it (scanning & shooting) but it can be done very effectively. You can check out my DVDs and clips on youtube (see below).....all of these kills were made possible using the rear mounted PVS-14 or MX-160 behind a dayscope. The longest shot is 350 yards. In the two DVDs that I have released for sale, there are around 50 kills, over the years we've probably taken over 100 but I don't keep track. All of the hunters with me on these hunts were scanning with their units, attaching them to their dayscopes, and making the shot. I don't know how to prove out a system for folks any better than by documenting it on film. Kevin

- 100 to 125 yard shot

- 170 yard shot

- 70 yard shot coyote

- 230 yard shot coyote

- Double - Raccoon & Coyote

- 70 yard shot coyote

- 75 yard shot coyote

- Coyote calling contest - 5 coyotes in one night of hunting

- 50 yard shot coyote

- 65 yard shot coyote

- 50 yard shot Fox

- Double coyote, 350 yard on second one.

I am waiting for the shot show to get done and hopefully be able to get just a little more info. Kevin, I greatly appreciate your help. I have previously watched all but one of the videos on your post. You guys have it down pat. Thought I had made up my mind to go with the D760 and a flir scout ps 32, but for the price difference I am waffleing again. Igor

Originally Posted By: igorI am waiting for the shot show to get done and hopefully be able to get just a little more info. Kevin, I greatly appreciate your help. I have previously watched all but one of the videos on your post. You guys have it down pat. Thought I had made up my mind to go with the D760 and a flir scout ps 32, but for the price difference I am waffleing again. Igor

It is never a problem with me what route hunters decide to take on their purchase of a NV unit.....I can't make every sale and don't get upset when someone buys what they need to serve their specific purpose. My post was informational only to show that a person can scan and shoot with a single monocular and can shoot accurately out to several hundred yards with the PVS-14 or MX-160 mounted behind a dayscope. There are other's out there claiming that it can't be done.......but I've done it over and over and over again. Hopefully the DVDs and 30 day money back satisfaction guaranteed (without massive restocking charges) is enough to convince folks that my HTRN SS Scopes are for real. Kevin

Back