Burris Eliminator III users?? Night hunter users??

Kevin2

Just curious if anyone has used it & your thoughts. And really would love to hear if any night hunters have used it & how it performed at night?

My dad just put one on a new savage 300 wsm. I shot it a few times at 100 yards and it was great. he shot a deer with it at over 200 already this year. seems to be a really nice scope. it is very cool that the red dot adjusts for the distance. i dont have a ton of experience with it but so far i liked it and im pretty sure my dad has been pleased as well. i like it better than the bushnell range finding scope that he has.

I used it this year to harvest my bull elk at 341 yards. Worked flawlessly. Heavy to carry in the woods, but in the heat of the moment - was awesome to have distance. Made it one less thing to think about while focusing on getting the bull down.

Sounds like it was worth it for sure.

COngrats...

Originally Posted By: 17wsm 'yote toasteI used it this year to harvest my bull elk at 341 yards. Worked flawlessly. Heavy to carry in the woods, but in the heat of the moment - was awesome to have distance. Made it one less thing to think about while focusing on getting the bull down.

I have used an Eliminator II for about 1 1/2 years now. I can consistently hit at 500 yards. I do a lot of coyote hunting and I went with the eliminator so I wouldn't have to take my eyes off the target to range it then dial it in. Just push the button, put the dot on the target and squeeze. Have not used it at night. Can't help there.

That is a big help. It surely sounds like a great system. My daughter missed a deer this year, and it was due to the laser not being able to pick up the deer. Only could laser an object to the right by 100 yards & then guess at the deers range. Guessed wrong. So, I thought this would be a great scope for her to pick up and use in the future.

Originally Posted By: BODABI have used an Eliminator II for about 1 1/2 years now. I can consistently hit at 500 yards. I do a lot of coyote hunting and I went with the eliminator so I wouldn't have to take my eyes off the target to range it then dial it in. Just push the button, put the dot on the target and squeeze. Have not used it at night. Can't help there.

Originally Posted By: Kevin2My daughter missed a deer this year, and it was due to the laser not being able to pick up the deer.

Bummer. How far was the deer?

The tower blind was 315 & the deer appeared to be closer then the tower to me, so I guessed 250. Ended up being 370. That is a big chunk off.

I put a 3 on my 5R in .308 last fall and I love it. Great rangefinder. I can range a 1x1.5 foot gong at 850yds. Ranged and shot coyotes and deer out to 575yds. Optics are very good to me and I'm used to Zeiss'. I practiced with it from 100-850 and the drops are on all the way. Best thing is how fast it is. You guys know sometimes there just isn't time to range with a rangefinder, then put that down, then get your rifle and dial in the scope, then get back on the game for a shot. A coyote especially might be 150yds closer or farther by the time you do all that! This thing "eliminates" all that.(sorry, had to do it) Guess you can tell I really like mine.

ps, haven't tried it at night.

Last edited:
Back