Mossberg 935 - 2.75" shells?

Big_Tex22

Anyone shoot one yet? Just got one, very affordable compared to other magnum 12 ga like benelli and beretta. But the 935 says its chambered for 3" and 3 1/2" shells, but says nothing about 2 3/4" shells, and I can't find anywhere that advises against the 2 3/4 in it. Of course I'm not going to go and try any in it till I hear some of ya'lls expert advice. So far the function of the gun has been pretty reliabe, I've been please with it overall.

A buddy of mine won one at the NWTF shoot at the Meadows. He had no use for it (he already has a Super black eagle) and sold it to a guy I work with for next to nothing. I pearsonally have not shot it be he says it will cycle 2 3/4" buckshot loads and of course all the 3 & 3.5's he's put in it. I'd imagine it will cycle any "magnum" shells.

You can shoot any 12ga shell in it and it will not hurt anything... It just want cycle the bolt uless there is enough back pressure (caused by heavy loads).

I have one, it will shoot the 2.75" but it will not cycle. I talked to a customer service rep at mossberg and they said it wont hurt anything to shoot them. I just shot the cheap dove loads thru it to see if it would work. It didn't.
I would be interested to see if it cycled the "high brass" 2.75" shells.

Back