crow decoys

Originally Posted By: Matt AntleI usually just shape some wire coat hangers into crow like shapes and put black tape over them or stretch black socks into them.

Works like a charm

You have any pictures of this setup?

just got two buster 2's from crowmart in the mail today, gonna see what those along with 6 boondocker flockers will do this sunday. I'll give a report sometime sunday.

The Boondocker decoys are very good decoys. I've used them for 2 years. They're flocked and nest together so they are very easy to transport.

cableas has some ok ones I order so good one from uk one is a flying and the other is like a mojo the wings spin.Today is opening day went out this morning by myself and shot 70 and tonight took my boy out and we shot 139 more. I need to get a shotgun reloader shot almost 250 rounds today

Crows are a predator, I've seen quite a few taking baby rabbits. They also are a carrier of west nile virus. I think one of their favorite pastimes is walking down rows of corn eating freshly sprouted seedlings.

Originally Posted By: NYyotekillerOriginally Posted By: Matt AntleI usually just shape some wire coat hangers into crow like shapes and put black tape over them or stretch black socks into them.

Works like a charm

You have any pictures of this setup?

Sorry I'm a little late, I just seen your post.

Here's the set up. Just some black wire coat hangers from Walmart, a pack of 10 is $1.25. And some black duct tape or electrical tape.

Shape the coat hangers to look like a crow and bend the bottom so you can stick it in the ground.

2z50x9z.jpg

2hyunap.jpg

Then wrap in tape or pull a black sock over it. I've heard a shiny decoy like the taped one will make them flare. Most of the spots I hunt they're over me and dead before they get a chance to check out the decoys. But in big fields on sunny days ill just use the socked ones, on overcast days you should be fine with the shiny ones though.

2uokgsl.jpg

axe4d4.jpg

The tape around the socked one isn't necessary, just made that one look a little better. You can also stuff the socked ones with other socks to give them a more full bodied look. I'll report back with some pics of them from the field and hopefully some dead birds.

Originally Posted By: SGT. EIf your gonna shoot em have the decency to buy em breakfast....Run by Mc.Donalds and get two sandwiches....one and a half for you...half for the crows....get em as two orders in separate bags.

You will enjoy the Mick D coffee as you place the bags about 8 feet apart and insert rocks in them so they dont blow away....Take the half sandwich (CROWS AINT PICKY) and scatter it in very fine pieces between the bags.

Make sure the Mickey D logos are UP!...Trust me they ALL know this!

No calling is required most of the time and a crow will spot those bags from five miles away and the absence of other crows will make him think he's hit the mother load!

Dont forget to Pick up your bags!....You can use em next time!...the more bags the more crows!

SGT. E
NY Mayor Bloomberg passed a law requiring us to display calorie and fat content
thumbup.gif

Back