CZ 527 American

Scattergun2570

I was wondering if the CZ build quality was better on the earlier 527`s as compared to current models. A friend of mine who owns well over 100 rifles,told me that the wood to metal fit is lousy now,as compared to his that were purchased around 15yrs back.

I don't have any older models to compare to, but the 527's I've seen today are very well put together. I have one of the 527 Varmint rifles and it looks great.

Here are some close-up shots I took a while back:

cz-model-527-17-hornady-hornet-varminter-12.jpg

cz-model-527-17-hornady-hornet-varminter-3.jpg

cz-17-hornet-eastern-sierra-2.jpg

This 527 is very accurate (.17 Hornet).

I have a couple of little issues on my 452 Americans (.17HM2 x 2 & .17HMR), but it does not effect the accuracy.

Eric
cool.gif

Last edited:
I have two of the new Americans (less than 7 years newer?) with one being in .221 Furball and the other in .223 Remington. I think that they are wonderful. Accurate and lovely to look at. Works for me.

The new ones come with a different bolt handle so you can run low rings. Bonus for me because I like small scopes.

Last edited:
On mine the gap between the wood/barrel on the bolt side is just a bit more than the other.It's only a few years old so I guess it falls into the newer group.If I remember right it's an 08.

I have a cz 527 varmint in 17 hornet and I LOVE IT!!! Half inch groups at 100yds with factory ammo and every fox DRT. The gun is beautiful . My favorite firearm I own.

My varmint in 204 is about 2 years old and everything is great with it. I haven't measured it but can post pics later with several different loads shooting under 3/4

I have 3 527s a 17 Remington varmint and 2 Americans in 222 and 204 all bought within the last 5 years and all are well built, nice looking and accurate.

I bought this one year ago. Well made and very accurate. It's a 17 Rem and will shoot 1/2" groups @ 100 yards with different loads.
DSCN1256_zpsa336e8e6.jpg

This past summer I purchased a CZ Varmint .17 Remington. Man, I love that rifle. It's accurate for sure, and I love the action.

I don't know how the new ones compare to the older ones, but all I can say is CZ is one fine rifle.

Here's what it looks like and how it performs.

I have a CZ 452 American that I've had for a few years. It's one sweet little rifle too. My son has a CZ 550 in .375 H&H. Great rifle and super accurate.

Every CZ I have ever owned has been great out of the box! They remind me alot of the late 80's, 90's Remington rifles. Good quality and accuracy out of the box.

Back