How Are The Shock Waves Holding Up?

Field Medic

I know the SW have been out for some time now and curious what your results have been. The positives and negatives. I own a SW and love it but have a buddy that is now in the market and wanted to know if there was another caller out there either by fox pro or another company that is better.

IMO it is the most option loaded call. I have had a few glitches with the remote, but am happy overall. There is still an issue that is unresolved, but am waiting to see how it is handled. It has been almost a week without any new updates from Foxpro.

I had a issue with mine straight out of the box, but FoxPro promptly took care of it and I have had great success with it. It really is the best caller I have owned to date.

I am not sure whats wrong with mine. I watch the videos where they play some dying rabbit sounds for a couple minutes, next thing you know they are surrounded by coyotes. I spent hours playing rabbit, birds, pig, coyote and every other sound on there, Sat through heavy snowfall, rain, and blazing sun to only have a few come in. Must be a bad caller
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Tka250IMO it is the most option loaded call. I have had a few glitches with the remote, but am happy overall. There is still an issue that is unresolved, but am waiting to see how it is handled. It has been almost a week without any new updates from Foxpro.

Would that option be fox bang? You can't breath on that thing w/o it going off. Even on the highest noise setting. I finally turned it off.

littledawg, are you sure you are choosing the right sensitivity setting? Most people don't have any trouble using the medium sensitivity setting. It will go off if you drop the remote and it smacks against your rifle stock or barrel. You may need to choose the least sensitive setting to work best for you.

It is on the least sensitive setting or was before I turned it off. I first noticed how bad it was when I was programming it. I set the remote down on the kitchen counter and it went off. And I mean gently set it down. I adjusted it to the the med setting as this is where I have kept my previous FP callers. An hour or so later I had it in my hand and reached out to pull the laptop a little closer. Barely touched the side of the remote on the laptop and it went off again. I adjusted it to the least sensitive setting and went hunting. My third stand I sit down and the remote taps the stock on my gun and goes off. This is my third caller with fox bang. I've never had an accidental FB discharge ever. FB isn't a deal breaker for me personally, but it is a nice option. The remote format is super nice, but I immediately noticed how much lighter it was than the Fury remote. Which I think is great, but I wonder if this makes it more sensitive to vibration or something. Like I said not a deal breaker, but I can't use FB if it goes off this easily. I was curious if anyone else had tried some cloth tape or housing of sorts. Perhaps I purchased the female version and she is a little more sensitive than her male counterparts. I dropped a note to FP seeking some counseling advice before filing a complete fox bang divorce.

The little rubber port/jacks won't stay shut, but I read previous reports about this and was aware of this minor nuisance prior to my purchase. And I never checked what the output of the speakers are compared to the Fury, but the SW doesn't seem to be as loud with both speakers as the Fury is with one. Now I'm a bit older so it might just be my ears, but I'm not sold on the plastic housing vs the metal cone type speaker. I'm not saying the dB's or however ya measure sound isn't higher or the same, but to my ears it doesn't seem as loud. Now maybe it just sounds different than the Fury, I don't know, but there is a difference. Probably the best description I can come up with is it sounds softer. I'm guessing this is due to the speaker housing. The ultimate call would be a Fury sized call with two metal speakers with all the options of the SW.

I can run the Fury in my sleep. My SW experience is limited, so naturally my impression may change with time, but I have wondered if I would have been better off buying the older model metal horn CS for windy days and keep the Fury for the more remote pack in type sets. I suppose it's personal taste or maybe confidence, but I know when the chips are down I always find myself reaching for the Fury over the SW. Nevertheless FP callers are still the best in quality and customer service.

We all have our favorites but for me so far the shockwave has been in my oppinion the best caller FoxPro has put out . I have Pretty much every caller they have ever made and thought the CS24 would always be my goto caller till the shockwave came out .I have two seasons on mine now and I just dont have one complaint . The CS 24 is one heck of a machine, And mine saw a lot of use, Its a hard call for me BUT the shockwave gets the nod from me as the BEST In sound quality.

littledawg, that is not normal behavior for the Foxbang feature. The weight of the remote is not responsible. You need to talk to FoxPro about those issues.

Like you, I have owned and used most calls they have made. I have had success with all of them. I am using a Shockwave and CS24C now. It's really hard to pick one. Shockwave has ease of use, clarity and plenty of volume. CS24C is my go to windy day caller with a SP60 speaker added to it---you can call them from the next zip code with that set up.Originally Posted By: jerry malbeck We all have our favorites but for me so far the shockwave has been in my oppinion the best caller FoxPro has put out . I have Pretty much every caller they have ever made and thought the CS24 would always be my goto caller till the shockwave came out .I have two seasons on mine now and I just dont have one complaint . The CS 24 is one heck of a machine, And mine saw a lot of use, Its a hard call for me BUT the shockwave gets the nod from me as the BEST In sound quality.

Last edited:
Built like a tank. I've had mine zip tied to the brush guard on my "portable blind" all season long and it has held up to miles and miles of driving down wash board roads, rough roads, dust, brush smacking it, high wind blasting on it from driving at highway speeds wilst its mounted up front, light rain. Both the unit and remote have performed flawlessly. I was concerned about these vibrations shaking the unit apart. It ain't happened by now and I doubt it's going too. Grizz

Originally Posted By: possumallittledawg, that is not normal behavior for the Foxbang feature. The weight of the remote is not responsible. You need to talk to FoxPro about those issues.

I have the same problem as littledawg does with the foxbang. The dang thing is constantly going off with the slightest little bump. I always wear binoculars attached to my chest with a bino harness and if the remote accidently bumps them softly the dang thing goes off. I love the caller, but I am at the point where I am about to turn FB off, as well. I have it at its lowest sensitivity setting also and it still does it. I figured it was normal, so hadn't contacted Foxpro about it. I probably will give them a call at this point based off of what possumal said.

This isn't a permanent solution but I have learned over the years to turn the remote on after I set up. When I sit down I have the remote lanyard the right length to loop around my thigh and hold the remote in place. I then turn on the remote and let the caller eat.

Also I think to be on the low setting your need to have the sensitivity level set on HIGH. Let me know if I'm right or wrong because I have mine set on HIGH because I thought that meant it would be harder to set off. When set on LOW I think that means it's easy to go off. HELP me on this one.

According to the instructions for Foxbang, there are 3 sensitivity levels that you can choose from: Low, Medium, and High. The lower sensitivity should be used with higher caliber firearms such as a .30 and higher. High sensitivity should be used for smaller calibers such as .17 to .22. Everything else should work fine with the medium setting.

I have never had any trouble with mine set on Medium, and I shoot a 243.

My issue is with the mute override on the presets. Depends on the sound, but often it does not work right. There is a firmware update for the remote. The latest version is 1.09. The remote displays the version you have when you turn it on.

On Foxbang, Yote Yoda has the real deal as far as I'm concerned. After tripping the FB a couple of times when I didn't want it to go off while setting up, I now set the caller up and get in my set and everything else ready before I turn the remote on.

While I haven't had mine very long, the sound quality is good and I like the remote. I would buy it again.

Originally Posted By: Clay34On Foxbang, Yote Yoda has the real deal as far as I'm concerned. After tripping the FB a couple of times when I didn't want it to go off while setting up, I now set the caller up and get in my set and everything else ready before I turn the remote on.

after i scared myself a few times banging my remote a couple times before being completely set up and the FB lighting up i learned to do the above real quick..........good luck.

Back