Palmetto State Armory

Smokin Barrel

These guys are killing me. Making it real hard not to buy a bunch of stuff and stash it until the next time I get an itch to build another AR. Some of these deals are SMOKIN'!!!! Crazy looking at these prices thinking where we were a year ago this time.

Palmetto State Armory

Between these guys and JSE I already built another AR this Holiday season for dirt cheap.

Oh tell me about it. I've been really good at resisting because I just don't need another. Of course it makes a heck of an investment if you buy up the parts at these prices then wait for the next Assault Rifle scare! I'm not really into that but a guy could clean up.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI wonder why you can't get a upper receiver as cheap as you can a lower receiver?

I did get an blem upper from Aero Precision for $60 IIRC.

Originally Posted By: NightvisionaryThe snails pace at which they get orders out the door make them a no go for me.
Agreed ordered a bcg 2 weeks ago still waiting I have ordered from them when its not the Holidays and same results. They do have good prices though if you don't mind the wait.

The best way to resist is to add it to your cart then think about it for a few days to decide if you really want it. When you do, go back in and they will be out of stock. Problem solved and you saved some money. Works for me all the time. In fact I have missed two uppers on PSA this way in the last week. I really need to quit procrastinating.

Originally Posted By: reb8600The best way to resist is to add it to your cart then think about it for a few days to decide if you really want it. When you do, go back in and they will be out of stock. Problem solved and you saved some money. Works for me all the time. In fact I have missed two uppers on PSA this way in the last week. I really need to quit procrastinating.

But impulse buying is so much FUN! And it drives my wife CRAZY!
lol.gif

I got 3 lowers -not blems- for $49 each back in november & found an FFL that would do all 3 for a flat $25. As money permits I'll snag parts on sale until I can build something. I'm not in any hurry, just looking to build some low cost AR's for my family.

I am just curious as to what some of you think of the quality of the Palmetto State guns and parts. I'm always open to building another AR, and to be honest, I know nothing about them.

Maybe the deals are so good cause the overhead is so low. Shipping times leave something to be desired with these guys. An order placed on Dec. 17th has yet to arrive. Not exactly sure what the heck could take so long to put the stuff in a box and slap a printed label on it.

Larry Potterfield runs circles around these guys in that department!!!

I have the feeling that PSA is a relatively small op that's growing rapidly.

Larry Potter has had many years to work the kinks out & ramp up to handle demand.

If you're really in a hurry PSA may not be your best pick, but if you aren't & the deal suits you they seem to be straight up. I know 2 people personally who built AR's with their parts who are very happy. When I placed my order the site was very clear that due to demand I should expect 10 days or so for the order to ship, but it actually took about 7.

Originally Posted By: kymailman98I am just curious as to what some of you think of the quality of the Palmetto State guns and parts. I'm always open to building another AR, and to be honest, I know nothing about them.
I would equate their quality to Stag if that helps any. I have ordered 4 uppers, one lower and a lot of ammo from them. The have excellent ammo prices and their shipping on ammo is good. However, they charge a flat $15 per upper to ship them regardless of the number you buy at once. And the biggie has been a minimum 15 day wait for the item to arrive.

Originally Posted By: eraserOriginally Posted By: kymailman98I am just curious as to what some of you think of the quality of the Palmetto State guns and parts. I'm always open to building another AR, and to be honest, I know nothing about them.
I would equate their quality to Stag if that helps any. I have ordered 4 uppers, one lower and a lot of ammo from them. The have excellent ammo prices and their shipping on ammo is good. However, they charge a flat $15 per upper to ship them regardless of the number you buy at once. And the biggie has been a minimum 15 day wait for the item to arrive.

Yup what a joke. I have been thinking about some lowers and a couple cheap plinker uppers. I Added 2 stripped Anderson lowers and 2 of the ptac $400 uppers and they want $44 for shipping!!

Take an upper to Fedex or UPS and see what it costs you to ship it. I bet it is real close to what they charge. I have shipped several so I know. The dealer isnt setting the shipping prices, the shipper does.

Back