Annual Groundhog & Woodchuck tally for 2014 (no Prairie Dogs)

I was eating lunch on the 20th of February with my 10-year-old
Granddaughter and I asked her, "What day is tomorrow?"; She said "It's President's Day!"

She is a smart kid.
I asked "What does President's Day mean?"
I was waiting for something about
Washington or Lincoln .... etc.

She replied, "President's Day is when
President Obama steps out of
the White House, and if he sees his shadow we have one more year of unemployment."

You know, it hurts when hot coffee spurts out your nose.

Originally Posted By: The WandererI started seeing prairie dogs in February last year I hope they come out as early this year!

Hey guy... I know you are a newbeee - this is a groundhog/woodchuck thread.

If you want one for PDs, start it - but PLEASE don't high jack this one.

Thanks.

Well, it looks like I may have gotten the land back that I lost the other year due to a farm sale plus a bunch more. I have to see what the details are going to be, but have the verbal that will more than double what I had.

Hopefully the coyotes have left some chucks to shoot and the 243 will get ample time afield. With that much land, the ATV may have to come out of retirement
wink.gif

Catshooter, this is the land where I "smoked" the chuck in the video. Might have to dust off the camera this spring
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYWell, it looks like I may have gotten the land back that I lost the other year due to a farm sale plus a bunch more. I have to see what the details are going to be, but have the verbal that will more than double what I had.

Hopefully the coyotes have left some chucks to shoot and the 243 will get ample time afield. With that much land, the ATV may have to come out of retirement
wink.gif

Catshooter, this is the land where I "smoked" the chuck in the video. Might have to dust off the camera this spring
cool.gif

That is a nice place...

"Good night, Irene."
lol.gif

Thanks guys. Soon as this global warming eases up, I'll be tuning up the 243 and checking the charts again getting ready.

I hope to get my 243AI "Thumper" out this year and see if we still have the magic.
I spent all last year bass fishing with my son...not a bad thing, but he is mentally challenged and too thick between the ears to teach how to use a firearm. Missing my trigger time.

Welcome back Whistlepig Popper.

I walked some of the pastures I just picked up this year and actually took a nice red fox out of one of them last night. It was too dark to see many chuck dens, but I saw enough to get excited about warmer weather. I believe I need some extended range time. There are going to be some long shot opportunities unlike any I've ever tried.

Great to see all you chuckers coming out of hibernation. Hopefully Cat's wolf snack sped things up a bit
grin.gif

Well Well well. THis aint no $hi&. We were fox hunting in Northern Baltimore County MD last week and to our surprise out come a big ole fat hog. Walking on top the icy snow. 22 degrees out. We sat in udder disbelief and all i could think about was being the first to post on here. Sorry to disapoint fellas but we just felt to bad for the dumb ole thing and let him walk. Ill see him in spring and he wont be so lucky. Should have let the .204 bark but, Guess I have a heart somewhere in there. Good luck this year Y'all.

Probably a male Bolski. I use to catch a male or two every winter while trapping. From what I've read, they go hole to hole round about January and February spreading groundhog seeds
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterIsn't nailin' girl groundhogs while they are asleep, somehow politically incorrect???

At the very least, it is unsporting
lol.gif

It would only wrong if she answers to the name Chuck
laugh.gif

The 'chuck shooting up here has been dismal for several years. The last couple of years, I didn't even see them on the sides of the parkways where all the fresh mowed grass is.

But today, I lined up a 250 acre farm about an hour and a half from the house.

The owner says he shoots at them with a 22 rf and a shotgun, but never gets any - then he tried poison bombs that you light the fuse and toss them down the holes, but that didn't work...

He says the place is lousy with the damm woodchucks - it hasn't been shot by an outsider, since he has owned it, more than 15 years ago.

It's a freakin' woodchuck ranch, disguised as a farm
tt2.gif

A Virgin farm... God does wuv me after all.

Life is good.

Now if only we can get Al Gore to deliver on some of his global warming poopoo, we can fulfill our noble purpose here on earth... we can shoot woodchucks and groundhogs, and save humanity.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back