prvi partizan (PPU) 22-250 / 55 GR. ammo for coyotes ?

YankeeBill

Anybody using this ammo in 22-250 for coyotes? Looking at soft point bullet options for short - mid range 22-250 loads for heavy cover / woods hunting. Heard the brass was decent and was going to try to find some. Will probably reload the spent cases with sierra 55 btsp #1365, but was wondering what kind of performance on coyotes people may be getting out of the factory rounds at short - medium ranges.

I had asked this in the reloading/ammo forum but it didn't get much notice.

Appreciate any input you may have to offer.

Thanks,
YB

Why not just buy brass and load the 55gr Sierras to start with? Way cheaper than buying unknown loaded ammo. Just saying.

I bought a box for my 22-250 and they shoot decent. Ave around 3/4". As for expansion, chupa is correct. I had 3 deer killed with my rifle this year and the bullet acted much like a nosler partition. It did expand, and did penatrate. One was a total pass thru and other two stayed in the deer. One was on opposite side poking out, So I cut it out and looked about the sized of my thumb nail flat as pancake.

I say shoot them as long as not saving fur!

Appreciate the additional input guys.

Originally Posted By: SmokelessWhy not just buy brass and load the 55gr Sierras to start with? Way cheaper than buying unknown loaded ammo. Just saying.

Smokeless, there's a couple of different reasons I'm looking at these particular factory loads for now, as opposed to reloading the Sierra's right off the bat.

1.) I'm not tooled up to reload the 22-250 at the moment (not a big cost to do so, but still not set-up yet).

2.) I've read quite a few positive reviews about this ammo in various calibers, and it is fairly inexpensive.

3.) I will only be a low volume shooter for the 22-250 as I live in the "Burbs" and the land I plan to hunt Coyotes on is a 4.5 hr. drive for me, and the range is 1.5 hrs. away as well.

4.) So, if this ammo works well for coyotes, with its cheap price and my current low volume shooting of this caliber, I may just continue to use the factory ammo for now and save the brass until I retire in a few years and move to the country where I'll be able to shoot more often.

YB

Originally Posted By: SmokelessGotcha, that info would have been helpful to begin with given your mention of reloading with Sierra's.

Best of luck.

LOL! Yeah, I tend to get ahead of myself sometimes when posting. Typing is not one of my strong points. Appreciate your input.
YB

smile.gif

Back