Sling Mounting Help

GameEarGabe

What can I mount to a magpul moe so I can carry it like a hunting rifle? I have a stud on my free float tube, need something for the stock?

Thanks
Gabe

There should be a hole that goes through the stock for a quick-release swivel. It should also have slots in the stock for the sling to be strung through. I like the detachable one better!

Originally Posted By: dtechThere should be a hole that goes through the stock for a quick-release swivel. It should also have slots in the stock for the sling to be strung through. I like the detachable one better!

Yeah I have the accessories to mount the sling if I want to carry in a tactical/patrol type carry. I was looking for something that would give me a stud to attach a claw sling too. If it even exists Thanks for the suggestion

Originally Posted By: dtechIf you get one like this, you should be able to carry it like any other hunting rifle.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG540/slings

You would just string that on the butt-end of your sling, the other end of your sling would go on a sling-stud on your hand-guard.

null_zpse7ceed56.jpg

I have that, was looking for something to attach to the bottom of the buttstock do I would be able to use a simple hunting sling

Last edited:
I mixed up some 2 part epoxy and filled the horizontal hole at the bottom of the stock, then drilled from the bottom to put in a sling stud.

MagPulMoe.jpg

Originally Posted By: GameEarGabeThat what I was thinking of doing. I was worried about the strength Thank you

I used the same epoxy I use when I make golf clubs. Its almost indestructible until you put heat to it.

Originally Posted By: GameEarGabeI used that same piece on my A2 stock

Great minds think alike. I got that too when I put a Limbsaver recoil pad on my A2 stock that I use on my 20" 6.5 Grendel (just needed some extra length).

You could also thread the sling through the slot on the angled part of the stock just like it is threaded through the sling swivel. That's what I do with mine and it carries like any other riflr

Originally Posted By: cedarcreekcoonerYou could also thread the sling through the slot on the angled part of the stock just like it is threaded through the sling swivel. That's what I do with mine and it carries like any other riflr

That's what I just did with my claw sling

Originally Posted By: cedarcreekcoonerYou could also thread the sling through the slot on the angled part of the stock just like it is threaded through the sling swivel. That's what I do with mine and it carries like any other riflr

That's what I've done with mine but I like to be able to easily take the sling off for various reasons. I just dug an old sling swivel stud with the wood screw end out of the junk box and drilled and screwed it into my MOE stock. Then filled the cross-wise hole full of JB weld. Should hold till the cows come home.

I think sometimes the guys over there talk way over my head,when asked what ya think to be a simple question it confuses them.

I like push buttons on my sling.
I like push button holes on the side of my AR.
The rifle lays flat against my back. I like that.

I posted about this topic on another thread.

I'm using the Magpul stuff. MS3 sling, ASAP Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point on the back end of the receiver and on the Buffer tube, and a RSA rail sling attachment that I added to a picatinny rail on my AR15's 12" long modular free floated assembly.

Check out the Magpul stuff and the Ambush Firearms AR15 rifle in 5.56 cal to see what I'm talking about.

Back