Coyotes , cell phones and crackheads !

Tim Neitzke

My alarm went off this morning and I did not want to get up today. After a full week of chasing and killing 7 coyotes, I had gotten sick. Must be the sub zero temps and all the walking had caught up to me. Wanting to just go back to bed, my phone rang. It was my bud Brad, he had left real early to check tracks,since we had a little dusting of snow. So I crawled out of bed and suited up and headed out.

As I drove down the road, I wondered what today would bring. Upon hitting the open farm feilds I noticed the wind was starting to blow the new snow around. It would be eraseing any tracks that we had to look at. Brad called again and said it was not looking good for this mornings hunt. We kept on and looked anyway.

Making a turn onto a side road, I saw something in the road , so I stopped . In the snow on the road I find a broken cell phone. Hmmm...... what's that over there ? Up on the snow bank I find a check book and a womans wallet ! Pulling down the road to get out of traffic , I pull off and get to looking. Looking through the checks I find a name of the owner, she lives just north of the corner where I found it. Her husband Scott hunts coyotes with me once in awhile. Checking the wallet , I find a work issued credit card and ID and over $180 in cash ! Well this is just weird......

As I turn around to go see her, I give Brad a call and tell him about my findings. Brad says he saw some kind of bag laying off the side of the road . Pulling up to the owners house I see Scott, the husband of the owner of the stuff I found. He's pacing around a black car parked crooked in his driveway. He also is packing a Glock from what I can see ! Scott, what's going on ? " They tried to steal my car and they got the wifes purse from her truck ! " He says,as his car sits there running , still in gear stuck on the edge of the ditch. I was kinda like o'crap , what did I get into ? !!!! Grabbing all the stuff I found , I hand it over to him. He has a very puzzled look on his face and I explain how I got it. Yelling to his wife as she stands on the porch, he tells her what I have. "Can you wait for the police,they are coming ? ", sure I replied.
Brad calls and says he found a purse and a couple other things along the road, " Don't touch them, just keep and eye on them while the police come " . "OK" he replied. Soon the sheriff arrives, I tell him my story and give him my ID and phone nunber. Then he askes if I could go help watch the other items till the other officer gets here. Heading down the road I meet up with Brad and find the other stuff. Soon a sheriffs car pulls up. "Hey Tim, what's up ? " It's Kurt, a fellow coyote hunter and guy I knew from school. "Well .... I'm just trying to hunt coyotes and now I'm part of a crime scene !" We both LOL ! He takes pics of the stuff and goes down the road to look at the other items Brad is watching. Soon both the officers are there and they see tracks going into a yard of a guy I know. Upon checking with the owner, they find out the thieves had stolen a crossbow from his truck ! Kurt , Brad and I talk coyotes for a few moments and he sends us on our way.
Checking back in with Scott and his wife, they thank us for the help. I said you got my info, tell crime stoppers to send the reward my way...lol Wishing them a happy new year, we head out....
I'm sure this was drug related ,it has been in the past around here. Stupid "crackheads or methheads" throwing a wallet full of money out after they stole it !
crazy.gif
I hope they show up at the wrong house soon and are looking down a gun barrel !

By now the wind has trashed all the tracks and we call it a day. What a day of coyote hunting !

Since all my stories and pics got lost in the PM server change today, here's a few from the week..

Happy New Year everyone and be safe... Tim

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/reb8600/media/PM%20Items/HOMAnimated_zpsa2612f08.gif.html

Dang that is pretty crazy! Happy New Year too! Good pics and nice rifle! What's the deal with the pickups... is that on ice? That's a sinking feeling when that happens...!

Thanks guys !
Sure would have been nice just to find the $180 and that's it. Better for me anyway.
wink.gif
I hope they got all the stuff back that was missing.

223Pete, The road was very icy that day. Both trucks slide off into a small ditch, just letting traffic go by. The loader is a hunting friend of ours.

Heck of a day and Heck of a week for all of you.

No one has information on the ppl that stole the items? Crazy stuff!

You have a lot of break in's in the area, Tim?

Tim
Great pics and your an awesome friend and neighbor. Are those persimmons in that tree pic?? The persimmon trees on our place we're loaded this year. Stay Safe. Happy New Year and best of Luck to you Bud.

Mike, a group gets caught atleast once a year, then just like the coyotes some other POS theives move in. About every 6 months the trouble starts up.
cursing.gif

Field Medic, Thanks I do my best to be good these days...lol That tree pic is an apple tree that had not dropped yet. Ice covered rotten frozen apples.

Dang thieves! Shame the bad guys didn't end up sliding in a ditch somewhere close by trying to get away in a hurry. The Sheriff's could have given them a quick ride to the pokey. Nice pic's Tim, always enjoy your stories.

Sounds like a real adventure. Like you hoping for a bad end to those kind of people, rather than a gun in the face, maybe they will o d on crack or something self inflicted and no good people have to explain the self defense or have to live with the what ifs of popping a round in one of them.

Back