Fur - Mo - Van on the Road Again

Originally Posted By: weekenderGlad to see some dead things, enjoy the rest of your trip. Suppose to be near 80F Sunday in SC.

And some pretty nice looking ones too... Love that cat
wink.gif

some nice looking fur you got there! glad to hear you have been out and successful. I ws starting to think you were just on vacation and not on a coyote trip!
tt2.gif

Dan.. I was thinking about your caliber choices. I live in MT not far from Lucas and me and most of my buddies that are trying to Long Range Coyotes are going the other route and using a heavy bullet to buck the wind, like a 105grn Amax in .243, yes there is more drop but the elevation is much easier to dial for than the wind around here.

I think I've been more on vacation than coyote hunting...LOL... but I've enjoyed it all.
We killed more dogs than what I have pictured here... just didn't get pics taken.

I can't believe I'm slowly headed home... what a bummer... oh well... that's real like I guess.

I may be putting the 204AI to the side for a short time, for another Hot Rod that I'd rather have... the 20-250...at 3800 fps. It will make those 55's buck the wind better than Luca's 6mm 107's... at 3050 fps. AmmoGuide.com says that these will be Great for drop and wind resistance.

That 20-250 will burn throats, but I'd rather have that than to use something lesser and let the wind give those coyotes another chance to live.

I met a government hunter in Montana that shoots the 22-250 7 twist Brux, with 90gr Bergers... for a .551 BC.... but at only 2913 fps.

If I could push a button right now... I'd have a 22-243 AI,
7.7 twist Bartlien barrel, for 80 & 90's... and make them scream as HOT as possible...hopefully at 3600 fps.

I'm leaning very hard towards doing a savage switch barrels.

I thought about rebarreling my 6x47 to a 22x47 to run the 90 grain bergers instead of the 105's that I run now. The bc of the 90 pushed about 3200+ would be awesome! Let us know what you figure out on them.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesLimon?

If I would of known you were that close I would of lightened your load back home by several hundred pounds. . Don't. Understand.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersOriginally Posted By: doggin coyotesLimon?

If I would of known you were that close I would of lightened your load back home by several hundred pounds. . Don't. Understand.

I could of kept that little Honda trail bike here and gave it a nice warm garage to stay in.

I had made a post about needing a Quick Gunsmith, and Norm... AKA...BelueBow... here on PMasters, contacted me, and I stopped in Eastern Ok, to met him and Johnny, his gunsmith, and WOW... they were so full of Great information on building Quality Rifles, that it was hard to leave... even after being there a day in a half. This group below is from Norm's 6BR that he built. That would have been 10 shots in the same hole, if I would have started out seating the rifle correctly in the bags.
But that's still pretty good for the first time shooting his right handed rifle, left handed.

GEDC0186_zps777c8748.jpg

They had alot of high quality rifles there... and they were Super Serious about their reloading procedures as well... I learned alot.

I got them to order a 20-250 AI reamer from Pacific... and a few Pac barrels for that caliber.

This should be FUN.

Originally Posted By: dan brothers

I had made a post about needing a Quick Gunsmith, and Norm... AKA...BelueBow... here on PMasters, contacted me, and I stopped in Eastern Ok, to met him and Johnny, his gunsmith, and WOW... they were so full of Great information on building Quality Rifles, that it was hard to leave... even after being there a day in a half. This group below is from Norm's 6BR that he built. That would have been 10 shots in the same hole, if I would have started out seating the rifle correctly in the bags.
But that's still pretty good for the first time shooting his right handed rifle, left handed.

They had alot of high quality rifles there... and they were Super Serious about their reloading procedures as well... I learned alot.

I got them to order a 20-250 AI reamer from Pacific... and a few Pac barrels for that caliber.

This should be FUN.

Another big vote for Johnny and Vichan at the Gun Clinic,..Norman also turned me on to them awhile ago. Just had em do a 6x45 for one of my AR builds,...those guys are the best!

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2590424&page=1

Originally Posted By: BeluebowOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeWhat is the current wait time on P-N barrels ?

Tim IIRC they said 14-16 weeks.

Has not changed then, thanks.

Back