Oregon Hunters Please Help

Vooster

Sorry guys if this shows up twice.... Need advice on where to hunt yotes in Oregon. Just moved up here a few weeks ago and need to scratch the itch! PM me please.. and please be more specific than "Head east"

thanks!

eric

Just this morning, one of the ladies in my office said that when she pulled into the parking lot this morning, there was one in the parking lot. Surprised her so much she couldn't get a picture of it.

We have a coyote hunting contest on Jan 2-4. I hope all the Oregonians on this board can make it! Lots of good guys and lots of fun. More info on the "current events" page. Good luck. Ty

It's hard not to find a place in oregon to hunt, just be sure to ask first if in doubt. About the only places that don't want yodies removed, will be green.
The sage country is alot easier than the mountains, but the heavy brush is more fun, you never quite know whats coming until your face to face. We have plenty of cats and bears on the east side, a good pistol is a good idea. blue

Like bowhunt32 said, it would help to know where you are. Oregon is grouped into The "east side", "central" & the "west side". All of these areas have great hunting in them, but without knowing where you are it would be hard to say "go to BLM road #......" All of these areas offer different terain as well, so it depends on what you want to hunt in & how far you are willing to travel/walk. Generaly people "head East" for the best coyote calling, but East is a big area.

I'm from western Oregon coos Bay Area does anyone know of fur buyers in western Oregon I'm new to the sport and love it cant figure out in the last ten years of hunting how I didn't find this sooner, any one here have any experience in timber yotes?

Last edited:
Have you been having any success Tdub? I'm in Elmira and have been getting back into it and practicing by trying the coast range. With no luck yet, kinda. Went out this morning SW of Crow and saw movement @ about 180 yards, didn't confirm what it was though.

Originally Posted By: Ty_YoteWe have a coyote hunting contest on Jan 2-4. I hope all the Oregonians on this board can make it! Lots of good guys and lots of fun. More info on the "current events" page. Good luck. Ty

Where is this contest at? Didn't see it on current events

I have been having some luck I went out last weekend tryed hand calling at tree locations with no luck the last stand we went to no dogs but we did call in a bear from about 550yds out got him to come into about 160yds we were able to harvest him. I have received permission from a farmer in my area to hunt his property gonna try it out asap wish me luck let you know if I bust some

I am over on the east side in Ontario. I would not mind taking some people hunting over here. Just send me a PM and we will try and make it happen.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but since a lot of the Oregonians are already here. I just read the JMK web page about the 2 man contest. If someone needs a partner let me know. I have mouth calls and a foxpro fury, but I do not know that area at all.

Originally Posted By: Tdubyawilsonwe did call in a bear from about 550yds out got him to come into about 160yds we were able to harvest him.

That's awesome, Tdubyawilson! Did you post this up? Any photos? Called lions and bears are trophies, man.
thumbup1.gif

Wow.. I haven't been on here in a long time. Imagine my surprise seeing one of my posts from 2008 at the top of the discussion boards!

Back