Sniper hog light 50lr and 66lr

mt boy

Trying to find out some info on these two lights,Found there web site and they look pretty good. If there is anyone that has any reviews or thoughts on them it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
mt boy,
I just became a dealer for the Sniper Hog Lights. My first shipment should be here by the end of this coming week. I will be able to give you a real world comparison hopefully by Friday. You can call me 3pm-7pm at my retail store on Friday for answers. 814-343-6435

waiting for that one myself. too busy to hunt until after first of year so taking my time on lights. have been playing around at a bait pile behind my house late at night with white, red and green lights. White- everything gets gone pretty quick except raccoons, 3 of them just keep on eating. I think maybe they just use to me and the lights. Keep aimimg on taking them out but now just call them curly, larry and moe.
Green - deer, fox and raccon will stare for a few minutes then go into the woods, that is except the raccoon.
Red, deer, fox, possums just igore it. the deer will actually start walking toward it.

do they come without the remote switch. i prefer the on/off pushbutton on the back of the light mounted on the side of my ar15

Originally Posted By: BoondockOutdoorsmt boy,
I just became a dealer for the Sniper Hog Lights. My first shipment should be here by the end of this coming week. I will be able to give you a real world comparison hopefully by Friday. You can call me 3pm-7pm at my retail store on Friday for answers. 814-343-6435

manofsteel,

They have a wired switch in with them called the eliminator switch. it is a removable plug in design with both momentary and click on/off buttons on it. They also come with a standard on/off tailcap too.

Been reading a lot of reviews on these and seen some videos,But all the videos are at closer ranges.Has anyone seen any pictures or videos at ranges they are claiming.

just look at the recent post under night hunting. one person on here showed some real world pictures and it looks pretty impressive. At the moment that is the one i am leaning toward. I myself am using a small powertac E5 and made a extended aluminum tube about 4 inches long that i put on it and a red filter and it works pretty good out to about 125 yards when testing it at a football field at night when i was driving home one night. Still not the best setup but good enough to use the half dozen times i went to try and hunt coyotes to let me know i am hooked on it.
From the pictures on here for the sniper hog light my setup does not even come close.
I have a friend who lives in SC and he told me the Noxx red dagger was the best light he had because he could zoom out and use for a scanning light out to about 150 yards or so and zoom in for a kill light out to around a 100 to 125 yards and in my own opion and experience at least around here a 125 yards is a lot farther than most folks think. Just stop in at a high school football and get in the end of the end zone and look at the end of the other. not to start anything but a 125 yard free hand shot at night is a long shot. Right now i am waiting for Boondock to come back with his thoughts compared to the varmint lights etc. he sells now that he is a rep for the sniper hog light.

Last edited:
My SniperHogLights shipment had been delayed in the USPS system due to Christmas Overload. USPS is telling me to expect it either tomorrow or Saturday now.

I will agree that a 125 yd shot at night isn't easy, but most coyote hunters don't shoot feehand either with some preferring bipods and others some form of shooting sticks to help steady the rifle. It always seems to me that the distance of a night shot at 125 yds is about equal to a 250 yd day shot.

The SniperHog Light may be an excellent light and probably is, but I would wait until Jeremiah has one in his possession and can give you an honest opinion of how it compares to some of the other lights which he carries. He has most all of them and can try them under the same weather conditions, etc.

Made one stand two nights ago with the 50LR. No coyotes, but could easily see 3 sets of racoon eyes at a deer feeder 300 yards away. Couldn't make a 100% ID at that range, but could tell they were coons just eating corn from how low to the ground they were and body language. I would say a 200 yard ID on a coyote would be possible with this light, but i'm still young and have good eye sight. I dont think anyone will be upset with this light at all.

Originally Posted By: RP91Made one stand two nights ago with the 50LR. No coyotes, but could easily see 3 sets of racoon eyes at a deer feeder 300 yards away. Couldn't make a 100% ID at that range, but could tell they were coons just eating corn from how low to the ground they were and body language. I would say a 200 yard ID on a coyote would be possible with this light, but i'm still young and have good eye sight. I dont think anyone will be upset with this light at all. Thanks alot for the info!!

mt boy,

I did receive the shipment yesterday, but rain here kept me from being able truly test the lights correctly.
Though I did get to do some quick testing at a field with my naked eye and I can say these lights do impress me a lot for the price point.
I will try and get a better evaluation this weekend, but I can honestly say that these have the best distance I have ever seen in a "FLASHLIGHT" series light.

Thanks alot I will be waiting to here back from you. Do you have the 66lr in stock with that comes with all 3 colors of led. Pretty sure thats the one i will be ordering.

Yes sir. The kit I have will include the light, red green and white modules, 2 batteries, charger, wired switch, windage and elevation adjustable mount and head cover to protect the lens of the light when not in use. They are already listed on my site..

Originally Posted By: BoondockOutdoorsYes sir. The kit I have will include the light, red green and white modules, 2 batteries, charger, wired switch, windage and elevation adjustable mount and head cover to protect the lens of the light when not in use. They are already listed on my site..

if i am looking at it right both the 50 and 66lr are adjustable focus. Are they one mode only?
Also, how would the 66lr mount on the side an ar15 due to the size of the head. I looked at the sniper hog light home page and it appeared everything was out of stock. Do you have them in stock?
Thanks

Back