New closed reed calls

TimberToes

some sweeties for your calling or just plain collecting pleasure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

$15.00 Each, shipped in the good old U.S. of A.

first up some Curly Maple calls:

maplecalls-1_4-03.jpg

and some more Curly Maple:

maplecalls-2_4-03.jpg

And these others are, left to right:

#1 Orange Paduk
#2 Satine
#3 Bloodwood, with Purpleheart, Maple and Olive inlay.

closedreeds_4-03.jpg

Bryan,
I would like to have the #1 curly maple in the top pic.
I still have your address, the check will be in the mail in a couple of days.
Thanks.

I'll take curly maple #3, paypal sent. Anybody that doesnt have one of Bryan's calls , you need to check em out. He does some real quality work and is awesome to deal with.

Bryan,

I'd like to place dibbs on #2 curly maple in the first pic,if you still have it.Let me know.Thanks,Straycat

Un-flippin-believable!!!

Yesterday afternoon I get this little box in the mail. I am thinking “What is the deal? This box is way too small for the call that I ordered! This box must contain some sort of squeaker!” I open the box to find that it does in fact contain the call that I ordered. I guess that I had envisioned a bigger call, you know, to call in those predators from far away. Here was a beautiful, dainty, hand-made, wooden call. I say to myself “Self, you did it to yourself once again! You ordered something based on a picture posted on a website and it is not what you thought it was going to be! You dipstick!!” Anyway, I take the long way home last night which allows me to drive along about a 6 mile stretch of reservation land. I stop the truck, get out and walk a couple of hundred yards away from the road, kneel down alongside a mesquite tree and try the call. WHOA! This little thing is loud!! OK! Slow down the heart rate and try again, but softer this time. No, wait, here comes a coyote!! Try a very soft call this time. YES!!! Very soft works!!! He heard it, wow!
I left and stopped two more times along the reservation and had a total of 5 coyotes, that I saw, respond.

Bryan, I take back some of my initial thoughts on this call. It is not beautiful, it is manly! It is not dainty, it is the perfect size for my hand allowing me to use my little finger to control and vary the sound! It is loud or soft depending on how I wish to blow! I know that you said that if there was anything that I did not like about the call or the voice that it generated to let you know and you would resolve any issue that I had with it, but I have to say, NOT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD IS GOING TO TOUCH THIS CALL. THIS IS MINE!!!!

This is my first non-plastic, hand-made call and it is AWSOME! The only possible thing that you could do to improve it would be to supply me with some time off to use it.

I thank you for the great call!
I thank Predator Masters for this site which introduced me to you and the other call makers.

Keep up the excellent work and sound generators.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Very glad it worked out for you!! And you have now taught me to include a ruler or as I have done before, a shotgun shell in the pics for size relationship!

Your call has a reed setup that I tuned, in a manner that I dont think anyone else is doing, not on that style reed. Heck, I ruin about 1 out of 3 voices doing it.

I love making the calls sound good, I truly hate to put in a stock unmodified reed, unless the call itself, or caller, only likes that. Looks are actually secondary importance!

TTebbe is about to get a call with a new tuning method on a double reed voice, and I could hardly get over how it sounded. its not a real loud call, though, but it will work with little or a lot of Air.
I like to test the calls using Air from both diaphram and from the cheeks, with various hand-over-the-end placements, to try and assume other callers methods.

take care,
Bryan

I have all of these in the thread link pasted below, except for the Elm wood:
thread title "closed reeds, some new, some BTT"
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...page=0#52118743

and a bloodwood open reed, and a curly maple open reed that I am about to post soon.
As I have a good supply of Curly Maple, if there is one I can try and duplicate for you, then that will work, but I cant say I can do "exact" duplications !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

OH, and #7 and 1,2,3 in the last picture are more full-hand sized calls!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Back