hogs in northwest arizona around mesquite

yote bug

i am hoping that there are some people that see this that have possibly went out to arizona and hunted these wild hogs i really want to go do it but some people say they are a myth and most just wont share info any kinda info or pics would be greatly appreciated. never shoot a hog and really want to.

Not a myth. They are down around Mesquite, NV and mostly along the river. I wouldn't say the numbers are high and they are difficult to locate and hunt due to the thick vegetation along the river. The other hard part is getting permission from farmers to hunt their land. I use to have connections with the Hafen ranch below the golf course. He would occasionally run into hogs in his fields at night while changing the water in the fields and had several shoulder mounts in his house from hogs he killed on his place. How the Hogs got there is the myth. A lot of different stories about how they got there. Some even claim that they have ranged up river as far as Caliente.

They are down there. But you can't hunt at night in Arizona where they are at. And they only move at night because they are hunted and baited there and have figured it out a long time ago.

Originally Posted By: yote bugthanks for the info guys how hard would this be to just do on foot without dogs

Very, almost impossible in my opinion.

I have been from Glendale/Overton up to Littlefield looking for them. Lots of hiking through thick overgrown terrain and haven't seen so much as a single sign. I know if two people that have shot hogs from out of there but it was several years ago that they did it. One of my friends was using a drift boat and was hunting ducks when he saw two hogs on the river bank. Before it dawned on he and his buddy what they were looking at they were gone. I have thought about trying to bait them but I just don't have the time it would take to monitor the bait area and not to mention everyone else that wanders around the area would either take the feeder or game camera.

Here is a copy of the feral pig pamphlet I got from the BLM office in St. George, UT. It provides a map showing where the feral pigs are located and some other good info. I checked the BLM website and did not see the feral pig pamphlet posted there to get a link, so here it is.

Back