using a Flex Tone Rage howler call

Davey_O

Hi all, Ive been having a lot of troubles using my new Flex Tone mouth call and was wondering if I can get ahold of anyone that has tried this call out? Youtube has a couple of videos on the call but these guys on there are moving there hands so fast on the squeezeable rubber end(the howl method) that I can seem to get the howl part down yet. On the other hand I can do the short bark bursts quite well!

Throw it away and get a howler. Flextone makes a call for every animal out there. Meaning instead of being good at one or a couple they suck at all of them. They make junk to feed off consumers and trends.

Davey,

I have that Flextone howler also and I don't much care for it. I don't have nearly as much experience calling as most on here but for howling my suggestion would be go to MFK's website and get a diaphragm howler from them. That's what I did and I love their calls. I've called some in with it and had several answer back. I was not experienced with diaphragms before and learned to use them pretty quickly. Plus they offer lots of good instructional videos on youtube.

Thanks, tonight I ordered the 2 reed pup howler from them.Originally Posted By: KiYi711Davey,

I have that Flextone howler also and I don't much care for it. I don't have nearly as much experience calling as most on here but for howling my suggestion would be go to MFK's website and get a diaphragm howler from them. That's what I did and I love their calls. I've called some in with it and had several answer back. I was not experienced with diaphragms before and learned to use them pretty quickly. Plus they offer lots of good instructional videos on youtube.

Originally Posted By: Davey_OSo what would you suggest for a good howler/barking mouth call? Any suggestions appreciated!

I'm guessing you're new to calling coyotes?

My suggestion would be to leave the howlers/barkers/other coyote language noise makers at home and use prey distress sounds.

At this point in your new quest to call a coyote, using coyote vocals may be hurting you more than helping you.

Coyote language is about half azz complicated. But I have trouble with the human language, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Good luck down in sunny FL.

Doggin makes a valid point. When i got interested in howls i spent countless hours way into the night listening to coyotes communicate.

Thanks all for continuing to post helpful suggestions. I have heard probally a couple hundred coyotes barking and howling over the past 4 years, so I know their pitches but like above 2 posts its a challenge to make the sounds on your own without squeaks and such being a novice, haha. Before then they were few and far between in the small parcel I hunt in South Alabama. Yes I am a novice coyote hunter that needs help and appreciate any info I can get. BTW, I got a distressed fawn call and decoy , so its far from all being out there in the woods only howling/barking to draw them in shotgun range. Thanks guys

Originally Posted By: Davey_O I have heard probally a couple hundred coyotes barking and howling over the past 4 years, so I know their pitches but like above 2 posts its a challenge to make the sounds on your own without squeaks and such being a novice, haha.

I truly mean no disrespect by saying this, BUT.....
......You say you "know pitches". The REAL question is: Do you "understand" what the differing types of howls mean to the coyotes?
Howling isn't just about pitches & making a howl. There are a multitude of different howls that coyotes use to communicate with.

While the CD I linked to (below) is designed to be used to learn how to use the Crit'R Call Song Dog howler...the same can be used to learn how to use most any howler.
IMHO, it is one of the best instructionals out there.
http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/products...ng-Dog-CD4.html

I do a lot of howling. I probably do more coyote vocals than distress sounds.

Get a howler from one of the custom call makers on this site and you will be good to go. Like any other endeavor worth doing, it takes some practice and study.
Having said that, my 6 yr old grand daughter, joins me in the evening as we howl at the local coyotes.

Contacted the guy on MFK and he said they have a high volume of calls being shipped out but he assured me that I was going to get mine soon.Originally Posted By: Davey_OThanks, tonight I ordered the 2 reed pup howler from them.Originally Posted By: KiYi711Davey,

Back