Rainy day

.243killa

What do y'all do o a rainy day when you can't go hunting and are stuck inside. I have a week of from school and it's supposed to rain a lot.

Only problem is I don't have any reloading supplies? Just spent two hours " shooting coyotes" with my brother watching Randy Anderson's new video.

Randy's new video is great. I got it a couple days ago, and it might be the best one I've seen. Ol' Wooly sure is something, ain't he?
grin.gif

I was a voracious reader as a kid and used bad weather as an excuse to read whatever novel I was into at the time. I also had a truck that needed "fixin'" pretty frequently, so we could hide from bad weather in Dad's shop tinkering.

Yep, a good Louis L'Amour western can pass the time purty quick.. If'n you want a really good read, check out "That Dark and Bloody River" by Alan Eckert.. REALLY cool book about the eastern frontier in the late 1700s.

Ben

Thanks for the ideas. I'll look athe library for those books. I have been working on my new hawken kit pretty much all week so that passed the time quick also.

Yah it's going pretty good. I plan on shooting a turkey with it this spring.mall I lack is finishing the stock and put the barrel in and it should be good to go. I built the whole gun by myself this time. Took me 3 months. What kind of muzzleloader do you have, mtcurman?

My favorites are my .62 smoothbore flintlock and a .32 caplock. My brothers .54 flinter and Dad's .45 caplock are very sweet too.

Ben

Both the flintlocks in my house were made by Tip.. He's a very good gunsmith. Ours were in-the-white. I'm sure you will be very happy with them. Have you ever met Tip?

I've met him many times at Friendship, IN, at the NMLRA Shoots where he sets up his shop for the week. To upload a picture, start a photobucket account and upload your pics there, then copy and paste them here.

Back