Ozonics for Predators???

Billy539

I have a couple of friends who use Ozonics machines for deer hunting and swear by them for deer. I was wondering if anyone had tried them for predators yet? Trying to make up my mind if I want to buy one for both deer hunting and yotes.

Waste of time and money. I used to be careful about being scent free etc, and then I would get ticked when my buddy would pull over at a burger joint on the drive to our hunting spots, filling the entire truck and everything in it with yummy smells. No way you can get the scent of french fries and double western cheeseburger you ate 5 minutes ago off your clothes. If I can smell him, surely a dog can!

You know what? It doesn't make a lick of difference. Just play the wind. You can't fool a coyote's nose so quit trying to fool yourself. I don't take ANY precautions regarding scent on my clothes etc, and I do well enough.

Yesterday:

November282013072b_zps1c2b1ac4.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSave your money & play the wind!

Wind or crosswind in your face and place the call x amount of yards away from you into the wind as well.

If the wind is in your face, how do you see the coyotes that circle downwind?

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSave your money & play the wind!

Wind or crosswind in your face and place the call x amount of yards away from you into the wind as well.

Chupa Sit downwind of the call. I always set up just as he said.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSave your money & play the wind!

Chupa And always use the terrain to naturally funnel them to you. Ditches, fences, hills, brush lines, game trails, even shade lines. Of course wind direction is crucial. Being able to recognize the likely avenue of approach and set up the stand accordingly does wonders for my success rate. Choose your stand location wisely so you can see them approaching if at all possible, and sit (or stand) in a spot where you are best suited to take a shot. It takes a lot of trial and error and learning from your mistakes, but eventually it becomes natural when you know what to look for. Will you still get back door'ed? Yeah but not as often.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSave your money & play the wind!

Chupa And always use the terrain to naturally funnel them to you. Ditches, fences, hills, brush lines, game trails, even shade lines. Of course wind direction is crucial. Being able to recognize the likely avenue of approach and set up the stand accordingly does wonders for my success rate. Choose your stand location wisely so you can see them approaching if at all possible, and sit (or stand) in a spot where you are best suited to take a shot. It takes a lot of trial and error and learning from your mistakes, but eventually it becomes natural when you know what to look for. Will you still get back door'ed? Yeah but not as often.

What he said!!

Come on guys how are we ever going get out of this slow stale economy if people stop buying every whiz-bang magical gimmick guaranteed to make you a better hunter and prettier too( oh wait that's tequila). Sheeez next thing ya’ll are gonna say is that Scent stopping clothing is a racket too.
rolleyes.gif

Thats why I love coyote hunting. I dont have to concern myself with beating their nose. I wear whatever I have on and stop and get gas at stinky gas stations and walk into smokey rooms and eat spicy foods. I dont have to spray my self down or change clothes when I get to my stand. The only way to beat em is not let them get down wind of you.

Originally Posted By: venaticCome on guys how are we ever going get out of this slow stale economy if people stop buying every whiz-bang magical gimmick guaranteed to make you a better hunter and prettier too( oh wait that's tequila). Sheeez next thing ya’ll are gonna say is that Scent stopping clothing is a racket too.
rolleyes.gif

ATTENTION: -

For sale, Limited Time Offer for the next 2,000,000 callers.

16 ounces of SCENT-B-GON!

$29.95 + SH ($9.95)

But WAIT!! There's more! Buy now and we will double your order! Just pay separate shipping and handling.

Just add water and WAAAALA!! You are scent Free!

Please send Check or Money order to ME!

Mr. Poppadopalis

***Limited Quantities while suppliy lasts!

Last edited:

Chupa

Chupa,

I usually have my back to a small hill or an area where they have to show themselves in order to get to the call.

Pretty simple!

Always have your face in the wind and the call in front of you or too one side or the other.

Look for routes they will take coming in and set up accordingly.

Back