Scope over charging handle

Ky Col

I'm putting my scope over my Rock Rivers ATH and I wonder if I can put the scope over my charging handle. If I mount it to end before it reaches the charging handle it's too far forward and to see the full scope I have to shorten the stock.

Is it ok to bring the scope back ever if it goes over the charging handle?

The way I understand it is with the scope over the handle with the extended latch I can simply use my left hand to work the handle instead of reaching under the scope. right?

What about this one, would it work? There is another just like it with the punch and all the pins required.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAACORP-SPECIAL-EDITION-TITANIUM-TACTICAL-LATCH-FITS-AR-STYLE-CHARGING-HANDLES/350934890226?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18239%26meid%3D2896429902547496365%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8344%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D350932496999%26

Originally Posted By: Ky ColThe way I understand it is with the scope over the handle with the extended latch I can simply use my left hand to work the handle instead of reaching under the scope. right?

What about this one, would it work? There is another just like it with the punch and all the pins required.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAACORP-SPECIAL-EDITION-TITANIUM-TACTICAL-LATCH-FITS-AR-STYLE-CHARGING-HANDLES/350934890226?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18239%26meid%3D2896429902547496365%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8344%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D350932496999%26
Yes you would just use your left hand, that model works in the same principal as the other, just a different design

I had this same problem. I tried several and settled for the BCM Gunfighter Ambi. They also make a single side latch in large, small, or medium. They are more robust that stock and stick out further allowing u to charge one handed. The Ambi model is even wider with a latch on the left and right allowing even easier charging. I love mine.

Originally Posted By: Smokin BarrelBCM Gunfighter......

YES what he said ^^^^^!! I have the mod and mod 4. one is large, one is medium. they are very nice. I had the tac latch upgrade for awhile but found it to be too large. they did into you back if you sling the rifle and if you mount your scope so the eye box is about flush with the back of the charge handle you will find you don't need an overly big CH.

BCM Gunfighter with the medium latch. Best charging handle I have ever had. Because the scope sets over it you have to pull it from one side. The 1st one I had was a tactical latch but was poorly designed so that as you pulled it from one side it put a lot of side pressure on the handle. Which caused it to bend. I replaced it with the BCM and have never had a problem again.

Ok, on the BCM what's the difference between the Models 3, 4 and 5 and the med and large?

Which one do I need for a Rock River ATH?

Any of them will fit in your rifle. The difference is in the size of the latch knob itself. 3-large,4-medium,5-small; are the sizes. Some people like them really big, for gloves etc. I sling mine over my shoulder with a reg. Padded leather sling like a bolt gun, over my right shoulder. I have/had the tac. Latch(upgraded latch on the existing charge handle, done simply by removing a roll pin and remove/replace) and now i have the BCM medium and small latches. They are worth every penny of the $50. Anyway, the tac latch upgrade was way to big for my liking and jabbed me in the back and made lots of noise when slung(it catches on pant/coat/belt when walking) so i quickly when for the BCM medium(seems to be the most common) and it is way better than the tac latch but still made noise when walking with it slung. Bought the small BCM and it is the one for me. No digging in my back so its quite when walking. I tip the gun so ejection port is up and then reach under scope with right hand to charge. This allows me to see the round chamber and to see the bolt is fully closed. II personally think the small latch is plenty big and has giving me no issues, gloves or not.

You can see on one of my AR's. The scope is mounted high to clear the scope over the charging handle. Also, it is high so I can see the scope.

arwood2_zpscd84a141.jpg

Back