Night Vision on the Cheap

This light does help my Gen 1 scope to see better than the Eagle Tac (which is a darn good light). The light helps and extends the range a little bit to my Gen 1. I can see brighter at 94 yards with my Gen 1 and this light vs my Gen 1 and the Eagle Tac. It does not, however, turn my Gen 1 scope into a Gen 3.

The light is much brighter with my home-made NV outfit, and has a more subtle increase in illumination and range with my Gen 1 scope.

Though I can't say for sure, I feel certain this light would definitely help a good Gen 2 scope to see well enough to make it more useable. Again, I can't say for fact, but I have that feeling based on the results it gave to my Gen 1 and to the home-made scope.

The video test I did was with the home-made night vision and not the Gen 1 scope.

Eagle tac is starting to get over priced probably due to demand, which should lower the price.

Not sure of price on ltl 001 says r1,500.00

If $500.00 USD way over priced IMHO now if its some african currency to be converted to USD
price may be lower.

light up the world for under $150.00
54w IR light

Magna light IR 850nm or 940nm

Last edited:

Hardware, my understanding is the light currently sells for $150 US, plus $15 shipping, which is very reasonable given the good illumination it provides. As you know, exchange rates vary from time to time.

The lights you listed look good, and would probably work well at a bait site. This new light in my video will attach to a rifle or scope via 1" scope rings, thus making it mobile. It's a good light and it's priced right.

For $150.00 I agree with you 100%, the price is very good for what you are getting.

I will probably order one.

Does the unit have adjustable power?

Using only the IR power needed to see is best to not spook critters, the higher the power the more visible the source.

Last edited:

No, the light does not have variable power, but you can adjust the brightness up or down. The beam is very focused and bright at the highest setting, or you can back it off and disperse the light to dim it more. While I don't know for sure, I assume when dimmed and dispersed, the beam should appear less bright to an animal. I'm just guessing.

I just now looked at this website of money conversion.

http://themoneyconverter.com/ZAR/USD.aspx

Looks like at the moment, R1,500 (Rand) is $148.88 in US dollars.

Back