Black coyote or dog or coydog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight from the KY statute... Quote: Under Section 258.235, any person may kill or seize any dog which he sees in the act of pursuing or wounding any livestock, or wounding or killing poultry, or attacking human beings, whether or not such dog bears the license tag required by the provisions of this chapter

Shane, I think that a good policy would be to not post pictures of the evidence of the crime you committed on the internet. Also, it is blatantly obvious that is a dog. Google coyote images and study them before you shoot again...please!

To those on here that condone the commission of crimes, I am disappointed.

^^^^^^^^^ Typical PETA attitude. I think your a member of the wrong website!!! This is predator masters. A dog of that size, low crawling, in an isolated area of woods, coming to a distress call, is surely a predator. Of course this is all the OP's description, and is a little suspect being the OP 's first and only post!

Whether its feral or hybrid, shooting it was the best choice. I would continue to call/hunt the area for any of its brothers or sisters. A feral dog is way worse than a coyote as far as predation problems.
I wouldn't worry too much about the law or what a hippie may think about it either. I doubt the local ky wardens lost any sleep the last few nights wondering how they were going to track you down to write you up for shooting a feral dog. They'd probably thank you. I'm sure a majority of the members who replied to this post would have done the same thing except some wouldn't have had the onions to ask the question you asked.
Its not like he shot a labradoodle, wearing a collar, dragging a leash through his neighborhood. Anyone who would throw him under the bus for this, lacks the knowledge needed to make any logical response regarding the subject or situation.

Originally Posted By: Rich CronkGuys,
It is time to move on isn't it? We run a friendly site here, please help me keep it that way.
Your correct. Sorry for my rant.

I agree, what goes in Montana or Kentucky may not be such a good idea in a more populated area. Shooting it may or may not have been the right thing, I wasn't there so I'll give the benefit of doubt to the shooter, but posting the pic was in poor taste.

I say it looks like a dog to me and unless you seen it doing something wrong it should have not been shot. Another poster is right this type thing gives predator hunters a bad name. The anti gun groups would have a great time with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back