Buying a new caller, Foxpro Shockwave or Krakatoa 2 or..?

Dogslayer24

I decided to pull the trigger on a new caller to replace the old FX3. I'm not sure which one to get but I want the latest and greatest Foxpro since this is a large purchase. I just wanted to get your guys opinions on which one you would buy?

Out west would be the Krak2. I'm glad that I've waited and pondered on it so long myself. They are very loud and not too cumbersome for me and my style.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was planning on getting the Shockwave but now thinking I might be leaning toward the Krakatoa 2 now? It has the 2 features I'm most interested in with Fox data and Foxbang so I dunno...

You can't go wrong any way you go. Krakatoa will produce more volume than any caller FoxPro offers.

I have a Shockwave and a CS24C now and really like both of them. I have owned all the lower end callers that they offer and all of them have produced high fur numbers. One nice thing about the Krakatoa is that the volume is there if you ever need it---but you can leave it on low volume if you want. The CS24C would be next in volume level followed very closely by the Shockwave. All three have great clarity and plenty of volume.

I really like the CS-24C 10W with an extra TOA 10W speaker. Any coyote that can't hear that is somewhat deaf. The Krakatoa has an entirely different class D stereo amplifier and is insanely loud yet clear. Like Yote Yoda says, you have the volume if you need it. It gets down to personal preferences as to size, etc..

I have owned and used FoxPros; AR-4, 416, X1-A, X1-B, Furry and now Krak Two. Also three MA-21s and my old standby, a WT KAS 2030MS. And three or four other brands. They all called predators. (-:

To my ears my Krakatoa 2 and the WTs are very close in volume and sound quality. All three (K2, MA-21, 2030MS) blow away the other callers I have used. The TX1000 that comes with the K2 is [beeep] sweet! I always had trouble with the other digital remotes, this one works like a champ for me! For me the battery system on the K2 is far superior to any AA system I have used. Easy/Fast to charge and they last and last. The K2 is significantly larger than my little 2030Ms, that I do love. But I find the K2 is easy to carry and has great balance. BTW: The antenna on the K2 is very simple and unobtrusive.

I figure with the WT sounds on my KAS2030MS and the FoxPro sounds on my Krakatoa 2 I have the ability for a change up when necessary.

I expect the CS24C with a K2 TenPak would also be tops, but with predators to call, I got impatient and popped for the K2. (-:

Oh Yeah...It's true, "the CS guys at FP are awesome!" But then Patricia and Bill have always been great to work with for me also.

You will like the Shockwave. My cousin added an external speaker to his Shockwave and it is Super Loud. He added the SP60 from FoxPro and that's the same speaker on the Hellfire.

Back