What do you use for priming?

The Virginian

I've been using this old RCBS primer loader for decades. The primer on my Lyman turret press is terrible, spits out a primer about every third stroke. This RCBS works pretty good and only gives me issues on the very last primer in the tube. I can live with that. Is there a better mousetrap?

Eric

I have been using Lee hand prime tools but the latest case would not fit so I have been using the press.
Now I need to dig through the instructions and find out how the feed tray works with it. I think it might work pretty good.

I like the RCBS Universal primer tool. It has a shorter stroke than the original, the plunger is screwed in so it doesn't faal out, and does not require shell holders.

Originally Posted By: reddog964Stick with what you are using! There Aint anything better...

I'll very likely end up with one of the RCBS bench primer before too long. For now, to save space really, I like my hand primer. I also like that the primers seat easily, even if you leave a touch of crimp in the pocket...

Originally Posted By: reddog964Stick with what you are using! There Aint anything better...

Nice to know I hit it right the first time! lol It doesn't happen very often in my life.

as long as I'm dealing with my .204s and .223s, I use the primer seater on my Forster Co-Ax..controlled pressure and very consistent..

Handgun rounds (9,.40,& 10mms) get primed in my Lee 1000 progressive and any others get primed with my RCBS hand primer (.308s, .38/.357, & .44mag)...

I use the press on small rifle/small pistol and use either a smart reloader hand primer or a rcbs hand primer for the large pistol/large rifle

Back