Need advice

coyote1758

First dog Sam is a really good decoy dog and the problem is I did not teach her a thing, she got it. The second dog is hunt for herself not me, really high prey drive but she is not just hunting coyotes she hunts everything, she is getting better but SLOWLY what do you guys think, how can I speed her up. Both are 3 yrs. old mt. Curs

let her hunt, just break her from the trash. a really high prey drive is not something to dislike in a dog. u should go back to basics and teach it some commands.

the collar can be used for more than just shocking them. if her prey drive makes her range out more than you want teach her to tone back and check back in with you from time to time.

i dont know alot but i know that having a dog that likes to hunt isnt a bad thing. some guys like dogs to stay close, others like them to range out and hunt. neither is wrong in my book and both have their perks.

if you are not the greatest at calling in coyotes, having one range would help if it was hunting for a coyote. having a dog hunting around in sight as you are calling works as a decoy,(i.e. decoy dog) and the mix of the sounds you play and seeing a dog could strike a nerve for the coyote to commit.

this could go on forever, but my thought is if you disipline a dog for hunting, sooner or later he will quit hunting!

Back