Hunting Near Amarillo

Scott Sewall

I just moved from the waco area to amarillo for a job and I was wondering what kind of hunting opportunities there are up here. I am interested in big game, waterfowl, turkey, coyote, pretty much anything to get me out of my office. I see you can hunt lake meredith, does anyone have experience hunting there? Any info, contacts, or any help would be appreciated. Hope everyones hunting season is going well!

I live on the north side of the lake and my property butts up against park service. the lake it totally overhunted and isn't managed IN ANY WAY! that said, I killed a 145+ whitetail at my house and my boys have killed some decent mulies. it seems like someone drags a big one off the lake property every year. your best bet is going to be a lease and I would suggest the wheeler or shamrock area. they stay loaded up with deer even though the country doesn't look as good as many other areas with less deer! there are some great draw areas in the panhandle but its too late for that this year. if you enjoy long range precision shooting give me a call. I have a 600yd range at my house and we shoot much further at other locations. I also build custom rifles.

chuck

Back