Injured Indiana hunter chooses to end life support

He broke his neck and couldn't use his CF, and laid there for five hours before he was found. Fell off the ladder with no Harness!

Last edited:
Got this off INDYGO

!st part:
Got word this morning that a family friend in NE Indiana fell out of his treestand yesterday hunting. He couldn't move to call for help and wasn't found for 5 hours. He was life-flighted with a broken neck and still can't move from what I've heard.

I don't have many details but it certainly sounds like he could be paralyzed permanently... not good at all...

I don't know the circumstances surrounding his accident but please, if you hunt, take safety precautions, especially if you're hunting from a tree-stand.

Part 2:

Unfortunately my friend has passed on. He was able to talk. The accident happened while transitioning from the ladder into the treestand. Please, wear a harness and clip it on before transitioning from the ladder into the stand. An early-30's young man is no longer with us because something that could have probably been avoided.

The report I heard is that his injury was one of the worst spinal injuries the doctors had seen.

Being able to talk he was able to enjoy a little bit of time with his family and then decide on his own when it was time to unplug the ventilator. Very unfortunate.

Last edited:
Back