What is your favorite shotgun for Yotin?

Your regs seem like communism even compared to CA... Anyways, you should probably get some #2 heavishot, tungsten matrix, or similar. You will need the extra wallop with such small shot.

Chupathingy said:
I wouldn't intentionally go out after coyotes with #4 shot, 4BK yes, #4 shot no.
/quote]

This. #4 buck is what I use when I take the shotgun out, which is rare these days. Prefer my rifles. I wouldn't feel all warm and fuzzy having to use #2's either. Benelli SBE when I do use the shotgun.

Originally Posted By: tactikelMossberg 835 with 3.5" #4 buck. It throws a killing pattern well beyond what I consider an ethical shot. BTW I added a knoxx stock, the recoil is brutal.
Just curious what brand/choke constriction you're using?

My Mossberg 500, with a Spec Ops stock, Hevi-shot Dead Coyote choke.

It is the hammer of the shotgun world. Takes a beating and never complains. I found a black one at Cabelas for $299, this one I paid $350 for.

I run some Specialized Dynamics #4 buckshot loads that Scott made up for me out of it and it hasn't failed me yet.

IMG_6087 by SnowmanMo56, on Flickr

3.5 inch chambered pump, weighing around 7-7.25, double bead, sling, full choke, and a 24-28 inch barrel. Sometimes a light. Same gun I use for wingshooting. My 870 wingmaster supermag is perfect for me.

Not a fan of optics, pistol grips, or real short barrels because it makes them handle like crap. Real tight turkey type chokes are overrated IMO too.

54 pellets of #4 buck all with Mr. Coyote's name on them out of our TEN ga. 32in. SxS full choke ........ out of the back seat of a Super Cub ...... back in the day when we could get permits.

Now days ......... my 870 12 gauge with ........ of course .... four buck!

Three 44s

While I primarily rifle hunt yotes, when I do use a scattergun, I prefer my old school Belgian Browning Auto 5, loaded with #4 buck.

I have other choices such as an M1 Benelli, 870, 1100, etc, but the old A5 is what I shoot best with and simply prefer.

Not a Tikka?
rolleyes.gif

Stoeger 12Ga. Side by Side Coach Gun. 20" barrels with Carlson turkey chokes. weight 6 1/2 lbs. Put a sling on it and have some fun. 3" #4Buckshot

Originally Posted By: catwhackerOriginally Posted By: YetiHunterBenelli M2
21" barrel
+1
thumbup.gif

The same,with a Burris Fastfire II mounted on the rib,just ahead of the receiver.

H&R excell auto. Cheap performs flawlessly and handles and shoots as well if not better than any high dollar model out there. Slap on a primos jellyhead choke some truglo sights and your in business.

Since you reload get some #4 hulls and load them with T shot copper plated bb's or #4 buck

Back