first yoter on the line

Nice job!! Hey WyYote (or fur-down now that you're starting to get it figured out!), any chance you want to educate me on the use/location of lures vs urine and bait? The person that introduced me to trapping uses mostly gland lures, and has shown me how to build various set types, but all with lures. How and where do you use other urines/baits?

Well I had that line out for 3or 4 days with no luck I had some duck feathers with yoter urine in the a hole. I put fox at one then yoter at the next one If It gets looked at but no catch I put the othere In It so now they have another reason to dig at the hole 2 night ago a coon clean that set and didnt set It off so I put fox in it and what feathers was left. Today I could tell that the pack went though by my first set was set off but no sign id say one rolled in it. It had yoter scate and urine flat set .I had 2 more sets dug up a post set and a blind set. One more got looked at but missed the pan. I pull 2 that didnt get looked at and move them to a water way just a few hundred yards from the old sets the coyote use the water way thats runs though the field to get to the cows with out being seen. I like use fox urine the fox ant shy of it and the yoters dont like fox in there land.

Heres a pic [img:left]http://
20131104_084714_zps56fdb9de.jpg
[/img] [img:left]http://
20131104_155023_zpsf1d57dc0.jpg
[/img]

Well, Zach
FUR is doing kinda what I do, I let my sets work a little longer. But he certainly has activity.
I primarily stay with gland lures and urine, bait will catch non-targets. I kinda just juggle between gland lure(yote/fox/cat) and urine (fox/cat). I start(weather is still warm and some what dry) with a set of a little of everything. I use Qtips in dirt holes, when lure is applied i put lure towards the BOTTOM with the clean, white tip up. Here's an example of how I would mix it up:
Target animal/type set/ then scent/s
1. Yote/Urine post/ Cat pee
2. yote/Dirt hole/ fox pee/yote gland
3. cat/scent post/cat gland
4. yote/walk thru/ none
5. yote/Dirt hole/fox gland/cat pee
6. yote/rock set/ cat gland under, fox pee on
I guess I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. I rarely use walk thrus just do to I use snares. Carry a note pad and note what you used where...you will see a trend, but dont just load your line on one combo. The critters may change their flavors and you will be starting over. If you work every thrid set with the winning combo and use the mix/match on the others you should stay in the game. I'm happy to answer questions, so if you got'em just PM me.

Back