Seats for calling

manofsteel

what kind of seats do you guys recommend. I have been sitting on the ground but not very comfortable. I thought about taking one of my small aluminum hanging tree stands and only strap it on a tree just high enough to sit on it with feet on the ground. Looks like a turkey seat would be good.
Anyone every use a climbing tree stand when you call coyote?

I use two wally world turkey seats that i have zip tied together, one to sit on and the other to lean aginst the tree i'm under for back support.

It works great if you leave the zip ties loose enough to fold it up upon itself and a small bungy to hold them together when walking. With a bad back i can sit this way for a hour at a set without problems. Use the the big heavy electrical ties and two on each side.

Last edited:
This is the one the fat guy uses on Fur Takers from FoxPro TV show. I've had it for about 8 years. It is the H.S. Strut turkey seat. I think I paid about $14.95 for it. I love it cause it has shorter legs on one side so it is slanted a tiny bit if you have uneven ground. Setting without a back rest is hard on my old bones so I always look for something to lean against like a fence post, Tree, farm impliment or whatever.
Legs fold up and it is very light. I think I weighed it one time and if I remember it is 2 lbs and some ounces.

picture sharing

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Gobbler-Lounger/1570884.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D40%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dhunting%2Bchairs%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3Dhunting%2Bchairs%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts%26x%3D13%26y%3D10&Ntt=hunting+chairs&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Sorry guys maybe I'm missing something on posting a link here

I never remember to take it so I sit on the ground. I bought the same one as Ky Col, the Cabelas Gobbler Lounger It is the same as the Browning one posted above but half the price. On sale right now and is a real good deal.

Last edited:
Cabelas $34 only problem is they are so comfortable, you have to make short stands or go to sleep.

Last edited:
Back when I was younger, healthier & wasn't built like a beached whale...I used an old "stadium seat".
(The ones with the fold-down back rest, that folks used to sit comfortably on bleachers.)
I have 4 of them, that used to be my Grandpa's, & were new in the 1960's.

When I got heavier, & it became harder to get up/down from the ground, I ran across this old (but like new) "fisherman's seat".
It worked well, since I could store my calls & other small gear inside.......

Earlier this year, I decided to upgrade.
Went to Harbor Freight & bought the short step stool that's pictured below.
It was on sale for about $30; has a 350# limit; & only weighs about 2-1/2#.
The legs fold, as well as lock open.
It sits roughly the same height as the fisherman's seat...which considering the height of some of the grass in my area this Fall, is a good thing.
(It has a carry handle on the other side.)I bought some camo Krylon, & gave it a homemade camo job, to cover the shiny aluminum.

A Folding stool with a carry strap and a bag for my gillie underneath. Mine is so well used that I have sewn it and glued it many times. Lately my success has been bad, maybe the coyotes dont like my old chair.

Originally Posted By: weekenderCabelas $34 only problem is they are so comfortable, you have to make short stands or go to sleep.

They are on sale for $19.95

Mine has wheels and it is expensive. It is almost all black.
Sometimes I take my camo one, very heavy(460 lbs). warmer and comfortable.

I own two of those turkey chairs, and they work great... but my friend here turned me onto the three legged chairs, and the stoney point rapid pivot sticks... which I've come to love.

I installed a stick across the back of mine, to give my shooting arm a rest for more solid aiming. I found that if my elbows are not solid on something, then my hits can be spotty as well.

GEDC1599.jpg

GEDC1554-1.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I'M cheap. I use a beach chair. Usually a buck or two at yard sales. Just add a little camo paint. It is low to the ground but clears the rocks and stickers. It folds, is light weight and easy to carry. The back rest with the arms makes for a very solid shooting seat.

Back