Torque Specs for TC Venture Compact Action Screws

SDCoyoteCaller

Alright guys, I bought my 9 year old son a TC Venture Compact rifle and was wondering what the torque specs were for the action screws. I emailed Thompson Center, but after waiting a week for a response I gave them a call. They told me over the phone that the correct front and rear action screw torque specs were 25 inch pounds. I thought this was pretty low, but figured they knew what they were talking about. However, I finally received a response back today by email and they recommended 50 inch pounds of torque for the action screws. This seems a little more appropriate to me, but I am still a little confused on which answer is correct. What do you guys all think? Which specification for torque would you use, 25 or 50? Thanks.

I asked a similar question to the smith where I purchased my TC Omega after I stripped it down after it got soaked in the rain last year and he told me he uses 40-45 in lbs on all factory synthetic stocked centerfires for a baseline setting .I set mine to 45in lbs and it shot the same as before .

Back