6.5 creedmore vs. 25-06 vs. 260 Remington?

Originally Posted By: Joe MIt sounds like you want to shoot factory ammo, so I would definitely go with the 6.5 creedmore.

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. So out of curuiosity I just checked Midway USA. They carry 22 different 260 Rem loadings, and only 7 6.5 Creedmoor.

Why would a non-handloader pick the cartridge with FAR LESS options available?

I love my 260, and it is SHO NUFF yote dope. My only thing is 260 ammo is tough to find. You forget your ammo or run dry and they aint got it at walmart. Also, its no big deal to me, but my Ruger will only shoot 120 gr federal Prem. I shoot a 125 or a 140 and it is shotgun. The 243 is a good choice.
But of the 3 calibers you're looking at the 260 is a shooter. I have killed a pig in TX at 428 yds, brained him. I have tapped yotes out to 500 several times.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: Joe MIt sounds like you want to shoot factory ammo, so I would definitely go with the 6.5 creedmore.

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. So out of curuiosity I just checked Midway USA. They carry 22 different 260 Rem loadings, and only 7 6.5 Creedmoor.

Why would a non-handloader pick the cartridge with FAR LESS options available?

The reason I would pick it is because I know the Hornady Amax ammo works. Yes there are less factory loaded options, but it works good enough that some top finishers in the PRS series are running it. The OP said he wanted to shoot long range with it and shoot coyotes, not all ammo will work well at distance. And Powder Valley has it listed for less than $24 per 20.

Last edited:
I just acquired a 260 Rem barrel and put together a DPMS upper. I would have been happy with either the 260 or 6.5 Creed, but this barrel popped up for a good deal and I'm glad I did, it's a shooter.

But, when looking at factory ammo, the Creedmoor has less options, but like Joe M said I think they're better options and less expensive than the 260 ammo I looked at online. So if I was shooting factory ammo, (I'm not), I'd take the Creedmoor.

Last edited:
I have a Swede. If I buy another rifle in 6.5 caliber it will be a. .260 an AR platform. I really want one. I am not much of a 25-06 fan but that doesn't mean it isn't a good cartridge. If I were you I would take the advise of the poster who said to ignore us and get what speaks to you. I have never asked for advise on what firearm to buy. I ask for a lot of advise on handloading though.

Back