slow day today

jerry malbeck

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/mosesman/Mvc-057s.jpg
slow day today , called three stands and only one coyote , This nice fat furry male came into the sceeryAP-7 pup in distress , he came from the wrong side (as usual) As i was moving he picked me up . I was backed up to some scab rock , and in the shade so he couldnt really tell what i was , To bad for him , he stayed too long .I turned on the fox pro and sure enough he looked the other way . Took him with a nice chest shot at 138 paces . He just tipped over . Not so much as a twitch . jerry .

------------------
If you call them they will come-- FOX PRO.

Steve , I was thinning out on one of the cattle ranches i call for . But it was still fun !!! he . he .WOW, I got a reply from two of the cat masters . Paul, yes the coyote Pro has served me well for three years now . I still use mouth calls on every stand , But the fox pro turns the tables a lil more in my favor . I would have most likley not have bagged this coyote without it . He was lookin right at me , And was ready to leave town . I hit the remote , he looked at the fox pro , and this allowed me to swing the A.R. in his direction , And take my time taking the shot . I see your doing well this year already . I sure have enjoye your posts with all the cats over the years . Perhaps some day ill get out to colo. and you can teach me some cat tricks . Jerry .

Jerry, nice dog. They get any bigger your goin to have to switch to a bigger caliber rifle or call artillery in on them.

Thanks Dog Boy , That coyote was a good 30 pounder . it amazing how they look small till ya pick them up He. He . Curt . they are getting rather bushy already . Looks like we may have a COLD winter . I found scrapes from the kitty , but he has moved on , it looked like most of the poop was several weeks old . I guess im going to have to get out there and find him again . with all the out of town work , I just dont have time . See ya this week . Jerry .

------------------

Jerry,

Good job again! Hey, I just want to let ya know how much I appreciate you giving out details and calling tips on coyotes you have called in with the Foxpro. I got mine a few months back and have really been using it since the beginning of September and boy do I like that caller and remote. After being a mouth caller and having never used a electronic caller before(until I got the FP) it adds a whole new element to calling coyotes. So thanks for all the tips Jerry.

------------------

Paul perhaps one day ill make it out that way . I sure would like to call with you and pick yer brain . LOL. Lonny your quite welcome . I have learned alot of TRICKS with the fox pro . try useing the fox pro on woodpecker real low volume , and mouth call on a sceery AP-6 , This is a killer combonation . One of my most productive tricks . The mouth call gets them coming , and the fox pro closes the deal . Another great trick , start with a nice throaty male howl , wait a few minutes and turn on the fox pro pup in distress . This will have the males charging in to you . Its really exciting . I turn the volume up pretty high , and let it rip . If i can help you further let me know . Great to hear your enjoying the fox pro . Let john know , he gets a kick out of hearing about how effective the unit is . Jerry .

------------------

Jerry,

I really like that woodpecker distress sound also it has been my number one sound so far followed by the rabbit in distress. I have been using the Tweety hand call and howling to start the calling then turning on the woodpecker distress on the FP. These sounds have been working well enough that I haven't used the other sounds much except for the pup in distress.

I have been intending to call John and let him know how pleased I am with the caller so far. He was such a good guy to deal with that I owe him a thank you.

------------------

jer,

good to see you again....been awhile. hows the big nwest treating you? what is your 2001 kill no.? i know you keep track.
ksboy

KS Boy . Ill let ya know when i pass 100 . Lets just say im real close already this year . Some guys get upset when i post numbers . SO Ill just post the pic of the number 100 coyote of the year .

------------------

Nobody gets upset, Jerry. We just get jealous
biggrin.gif

I kinda looked forward to the numbering system posts you did.
Bring em on...

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Back