Mossberg MVP .223/ .556

I picked up one in their Varminter model and love it. Super accurate and a nice quality rifle. Feeds well for me with Pmags and I've shot 20 shot groups with it at 100 yards with all 20 inside of an inch with 69 grain Sierra MK's. Only reason for the 20 shot group is I was using a 20 round magazine from the bench. Got mine as their package deal setup with scope and bipods.

Have had mine for about a month and about 40 rounds. I really, really want to like it as I think it is a very good looking rifle, however, it refuses to pick up rounds from the mag unless I hold the magazine up and rock it forward. Tried Colt's, PMag's, Thermolds and about every other mag you can think of, but to no avail. Sitting in the safe waiting for the recall, if no recall by Christmas, I'll be taking it back anyways.

Last edited:
I have one of the Varmint model.. Looks good and shoots good but have ammo feeding issue... I'm not sure why it's hard to cycle a round through. It's the same for my CZ 527... another shooter but can't cycle a round just like my MVP...

Never had a feeding problem with mine. I use Brownells 20 & 30 Rounders in all my ARs and my MVP. Flawless performance, every time. I never use steel ammo. But I replace a lot of AR extractors for those that do.

Back