CoyoteLight

CoyoteLight inc.

We would like to announce that CoyoteLight is now a proud sponsor of predator masters forum. We are available to answer any questions you may have about coyoteLight. We will use the forum to announce new products and events that we or our pro staff will be attending or sponsoring. For those of you not familiar with us we are the manufactures of a high end led predator hunting light designed and made in the USA. We are fully dimmable, fully focusable light with extreme battery life. We built this light for hunting with features such as a lens shield built to control your lights wash, quiet dimmer control, remote dimmer. It can be scope mounted, hand held, or mounted using the 1/4 20 thread. You will no longer have to pick your spot due to your lights limitations. Under perfect conditions we have seen eyes at 800 yds and full body identification at 500 yds. It is our capability to be the dimmest light that sets us apart. With CoyoteLight you can just scan for eyes at any distance, you will no longer shock the animal you are after or have to keep him on the edge of your halo. Once you have eyes you can warm it up to CoyoteLights full intensity so you have a fully illuminated animal that is unaware he is being hunted. For more information check us out at www.coyotelight.com or on face Book at Coyotelight inc. We look forward to making many new friends through predator masters forum.

You can make math work out anyway you want it to. Im sure it also does not take into account our HUGE glass lens. We will let the people who have used it speak for us. We also will have plenty of video and still pics. Seeing is believing. Yes we do sell lights directly from our web site but they are also availabke at Boondock Outdoors and All Predator Calls. We will list all the stores we have so you can put your hands on one before you buy it. We have a complete list on our web site. We are also currently looking for more stores. If you know of any in your area just let is know.

Thank you and happy hunting

wink.gif

Jeremiah

Originally Posted By: CoyoteLight inc.You can make math work out anyway you want it to. Im sure it also does not take into account our HUGE glass lens. We will let the people who have used it speak for us. We also will have plenty of video and still pics. Seeing is believing. Yes we do sell lights directly from our web site but they are also availabke at Boondock Outdoors and All Predator Calls. We will list all the stores we have so you can put your hands on one before you buy it. We have a complete list on our web site. We are also currently looking for more stores. If you know of any in your area just let is know.

Thank you and happy hunting

My post including the results from my test of the coyote light was deleted.

I have used the coyote light. YES, i have tested the actual light with my own hands. The numbers cannot work out any way i want them too. My testing is on a digital lux meter in accordance with the ANSI/FL-1 standard. The lux meter reads directly regardless of aspheric lens or reflector type light.

Hopefully predator masters will allow and repost the results of my testing. I didn't say anything bad about the light. Quite the opposite, I said some nice things about the coyote light. It is a well built well engineering piece of equipment.

My post had just the facts about beam distance and how light is measured and travels. There was some very good information included in that post that would help educate all members of this forum so they can make informed decisions when purchasing a light.

I believe in accurate advertising. To have a beam distance of 500 yds would require 55,000Cd(candela). which the coyotelight does not have.

We have video and enough testimonials from users that will prove your math is bad. We will be posting video and pics shortly. I understand why you are upset at our preformance. You sell a Chinese light that can never compete with us. I dont understand why you are not a sponsor of predator masters but try to use loopholes in rules to put our American made light down. I asked the moderator not to remove your posts about us because it shows your motives. Also note the distances we state were under the perfect conditions wth great optics. If perfect conditions do not exist you will not get the distances. Math can be made to prove anything you want (our govt does it all the time)

I have not used or had in my possession this coyote light.

Have made a good living started 30yrs back off electronics and still going today .

The larger lens the better (eye safe dispersion of light unlike laser, also allows better collimated beam)

Variable power supply 0-thru 100%(I assume PWM) what more can you ask for ? if you don't need it why waste power with resistor.

Lithium battery best technology to date power/weight.

Chinese lights are not even in it's class as far as quality.
They will print whatever on the package to sell item.

The only thing they have going for them is how cheap they are, and for some that will be the main factor as to why they buy them.

Keeping legal this light is the closest thing to laser illumination which above class IIIa is illegal unless a key switch is incorporated into the design.

Pictures/video are the best comparison to me!

The in the field performance is what matters, not what it should do. The 5000mah 18650 batteries from china
dancing-poop.gif

They don't exist! But are sold daily on ebay!

Rant off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Hard_wareI have not used or had in my possession this coyote light.

Have made a good living started 30yrs back off electronics and still going today .

The larger lens the better (eye safe dispersion of light unlike laser, also allows better collimated beam)

Variable power supply 0-thru 100%(I assume PWM) what more can you ask for ? if you don't need it why waste power with resistor.

The only thing they have going for them is how cheap they are, and for some that will be the main factor as to why they buy them.

Keeping legal this light is the closest thing to laser illumination which above class IIIa is illegal unless a key switch is incorporated into the design.

The in the field performance is what matters, not what it should do. The 5000mah 18650 batteries from china
dancing-poop.gif

Rant off
laugh.gif

Some great points.

One thing I can say is that what is picked up in filming resolution is way different that what you actually see...

As an example I have this photo of a buck that I took out past 150 yards.

What you see in the photo, (and I do have a very good quality camera) is a decent buck. The picture is not too clear, and has it's problems, as far as being a great quality photograph.

Now, the reality of what I really saw.... I could easily count the points at will, and could even see the whiskers around his nose while looking through a good quality scope. Difference in the photo, and the viewing conditions is enormous. No comparison. But, there can be some good pictures had, and some good video taken....But, what you actually see in the field is much, much clearer and brighter.

I think you should have me down for a live demo.
thumbup.gif
Have light will travel. (I'm in S. Texas myself right now.)

~Barry

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarOriginally Posted By: Hard_wareI have not used or had in my possession this coyote light.

dancing-poop.gif

Rant off
laugh.gif

Some great points.

One thing I can say is that what is picked up in filming resolution is way different that what you actually see...

What you see in the photo, (and I do have a very good quality camera) is a decent buck. The picture is not too clear, and has it's problems, as far as being a great quality photograph.

Now, the reality of what I really saw.... I could easily count the points at will, and could even see the whiskers around his nose while looking through a good quality scope. Difference in the photo, and the viewing conditions is enormous. No comparison. But, there can be some good pictures had, and some good video taken....But, what you actually see in the field is much, much clearer and brighter.

thumbup.gif

~Barry

Barry,were you using the Coyote light or another brand??

Welcome Luke,

I too own a coyote light and I will testify that it is a better thrower than:

the chineese lights (D8 is the best of those)
the red xlr250
lightforce 140 with red filter

all of the above I have owned and hunted. To my eye it is a dead twin to a lightforce 170 with red filter. I would not go back to a battery pack and cords ever again though. It does last all night and is compact and dimmable, what more do you want. To my 32yr old 20/20 eyes I could shoot fox at 300 and coyotes to 400 on most nights with this light.

The coyote light is the best on the market short of night vision, IMHO.

Originally Posted By: HunterB4It looks and sounds great. But the price tag, I just can't swallow yet.

Same here. But I'm trying!! lol

I love my CoyoteLight. It is probobly my favorite piece of hunting gear I own. I understand that people get hung up on the price and it is an expensive light but hunting in general is not a cheap hobby. I really believe that if you compare the features and actual performace in the field of the CoyoteLight vs. it's competition, you will understand why the light costs that much.

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarOriginally Posted By: Hard_wareI have not used or had in my possession this coyote light.

dancing-poop.gif

Rant off
laugh.gif

Some great points.

thumbup.gif

~Barry

I am planning on heading out tonight around 9pm to shoot some yotes tonight. I am in Mercedes Tx, not sure what you consider S. Texas. But any farther south and it's mexico
laugh.gif

PM me your number if you can make it down here.

Setting up to take photos or video under artificial light especially single color is hard on the cameras autofocus. Red interferes with the auto focus the most. Setting to night shot mode usually works best, but each camera seems to have its own inherent best settings. Worst case manual focus mode and manual settings are last resort. Finding the right camera setup without breaking the bank is hit or miss.

Last edited:
Yessir the buck picture was with the Coyote Light.

As much as I love the boots and hunting down there, I'd better pass for tonight, but take a raincheck for sure. It's just a bit far from Victoria area to get there and back.

Filming or photos either one get messed up at night in a lot of ways. Some compensate for it by adding light. If filming night calling, I have seen people use so much light, it was hard to believe the animal was still coming in.

You would think the camera sees what we do, but not so.

We agree on that!
smile.gif

Thank you for the testimonials. I will be the first to admit I am a gadget man. Anything to give me the edge. We built this light out of the frustrations of useing the other lights and their limitations.
When I say Chinese lights I dont want to put down the people useing or selling them. I just want to make the point that its a flashlight. If its all you can justify to spend and it works for you, have at it. We built a high quality hunting light. If you were going sheep hunting would you wear sneakers?
Our light will help you kill more critters. Whats it worth to come home with more fur than you would have?

You tube, search coyotelight and fox

I will be posting lots of video in the future.

I was fortunate enough to hunt with a Coyote Light while hunting with the PredatorX crew this past year.
The quality and performance of the light was amazing to say the least!
The different mounts available made it very versitle!

I was able to put down two coyotes that night and one was at about 220 yards.
It dropped in it's tracks and I was suprised when we went out to retrieve it. It seemed so clear I would have swore it was closer.
There is no doubt I could have made a postive ID MUCH further than this distance and we did NOT have perfect conditions!

Yes the price does is higher then some of the other ligths on the market but I can not see how one can question the quality!
The adjustable beam and power makes it that much better then the others as well!

Good stuff guys!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Alan DMaybe they will run special promo on the the light right before coyote hunting season here!!!! HINT HINT

I would not mind doing something for the members of predator masters but I need to consider our retailers. I do not want to under cut them. They put in large orders, advertise us, and sell us at shows. I do not mind selling direct but the more stores we have, the more locations you have to demo a light. It is something we will consider if I can protect our stores.

Yeah the price is holding me back on getting one. Would make my attempt at filming better since its so bright im sure. I try to hunt atleast 3 nights a week so the gas bill adds up quick, guess I will have to stick to the EWT lights for now. As soon as I can swing it will be buying one of these lights though!!

Back