Which stock ? Grendel build

I have the ACS on a Grendel and love it. Great stock. Also have it on a blackout. If your barrel is 22-24" then I would prefer the PRS as I think it feels more balanced. If under 22" then I would say ACS. Of course my blackout is 16" and the Grendel 18".

Last edited:
I have been contemplating the same thing for a future project. I am considering getting a 20" 6.5 Grendel Upper Receiver for the lower I have. My current lower receiver has a Carbine Buffer Tube, Buffer & Spring and 6 Position Collapsible Buttstock (which I will be replacing with a MagPul CTR in the near future).

My question is will the gas system from a 20" 6.5 Grendel be compatible with my Carbine Length Buffer System? I really want to stick with the Carbine Length Buffer System and Collapsible Buttstock as my grandkids shoot this AR also and with this system I can make it the right length for all of them.

Larry

Originally Posted By: SD HandgunnerI have been contemplating the same thing for a future project. I am considering getting a 20" 6.5 Grendel Upper Receiver for the lower I have. My current lower receiver has a Carbine Buffer Tube, Buffer & Spring and 6 Position Collapsible Buttstock (which I will be replacing with a MagPul CTR in the near future).

My question is will the gas system from a 20" 6.5 Grendel be compatible with my Carbine Length Buffer System? I really want to stick with the Carbine Length Buffer System and Collapsible Buttstock as my grandkids shoot this AR also and with this system I can make it the right length for all of them.

Larry

I use my 18" on a carbine length buffer system. Works fine.

After owning both of those stocks, I most definitely prefer the ACS. At some point, I have had every Magpul stock at some point and the ACS is hard to beat.

What about the Magpul MOE fixed stocks, rifle or carbine length? Should be pretty light and have good cheek weld for the bench. I've been eyeing them... For a build I haven't yet found a good reason for, but that's a good enough reason for me.

Originally Posted By: hicap25How about the UBR stock from magpul annyone tried it ?
I had a couple of them. They are great stocks, but they are pretty heavy. I don't think you will find another adjustable stock that locks up as tight and feels as solid as the UBR. I sold mine because I put my AR's on a diet and they had to go. Switched over to the B5 Sopmod and love them. They don't feel as solid, but the cheek weld is great .

For me, it would largely depend on how the rifle was going to be used.....

For a hunting rifle that I'll be toting around for long periods, I'd go with a Magpul CTR or the ACS-L.

For the bench, the PRS or UBR.

YMMV

I do have the UBR on my Grendel and it does balance the gun nicely. I still find the ACS more ergonomically pleasing. Downsides, IMO, would be, on the wrong gun it would seem heavy and they are expensive.

Back