Catahoula X Plott hound prospect

NorTex250

Hey guys I've got a cross mentioned above that I have used to hunt hogs and bay cattle in the past. The other day I was going to the back end of our place for a quick set and he gave me the big eyes so I let him come. He sat 15 yds behind me, facing the opposite direction completely motionless. He acted like he knew what we were doing and he was watching my back. He never really flinched when I changed sounds and as soon as I got up he was right back to his typical active self. I have no idea what it takes to get a dog to help out with the yotes. He is brindle and a VERY fit 65-75 lbs. Im not sure if he is too big to be a decoy, or possibly too aggressive. The wife is also pretty fond of him and I would be in pretty deep [beeep] if he ended up at the vet. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Once you bring the wife's feelings into it you on your own. Could she still love a dog with half an ear and you at the same time? Other than the wife problem I see no reason not to give it a go. Good luck.

Sounds like my Dash. He does the same thing.

DSC_0989.jpg

I know this is a little old but in the last two weeks my hound has chased and caught two yotes while we are out. I think he is too aggressive to ever decoy but watching him jump one is about as exciting as calling one in!

Back