CVA apex vs the Encore

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: 2muchgun

I wouldn't run a Bergara barrel if, after shooting, it cleaned itself and mixed me up a Jack and Coke each time.

I don't shoot or know anything about muzzleloaders but based on this thread I think I'd go with the CVA simply because I can't trust any one that would put Coke in perfectly good Sour Mash.
grin.gif

lol.gif

From what I just read, most/all the CVA's that blew up were in 1996/1997. The rifles were only tested to 10,000 PSI. Most the ones that blew, no evidence as to the "Truth" as to why they blew other than word of mouth by the shooter. Since then, CVA has improved their quality and testing and the barrels are now tested to 24,000PSI to avoid any more mishaps and law suits. It is said, that people like Wakeman get it in their head that something is bad and nothing will change their minds no matter what proof you can show them. I think every company will have a flaw once in a while but give them a chance to correct it. I have had T/C Encores and Omegas, Knights and now a CVA Optima. The CVA shoots as well or better than all the rest and I'll continue to use it. JMO

Originally Posted By: RockyMtnHunterwww.bellmtcs.com he will teach you how to get an encore to shoot straight. Hes replacing tc barrels with bergara barrels now.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I took mine off the shelf and shot fine groups with it with all of my barrels....no oversized hinge pins....no messing with head space just good old tossing a round in and shooting it. I think a lot of $$ is spent on all those things but I'm not sure the results are worth the cost. $.02

Originally Posted By: pyscodogFrom what I just read, most/all the CVA's that blew up were in 1996/1997. The rifles were only tested to 10,000 PSI.

10k pressure test is a myth. Before the inlines, they had the traditional sidelocks and not many of the loads allowed back then exceeded 10k psi with patched round ball, this stamping carried on to the inlines and when the cut throats started their vendetta this story became legend that they only test them at 10k which is a huge misunderstanding. I've been told some years ago where they actually test them and that is in excess is 25,000 psi on the inlines today.

Wakeman wont tell you that TC & Knight do NOT pressure test their barrels. Bridges once told me that knight "typically" thats right... Typically, use a dye to test the barrels for cracks and such.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogFrom what I just read, most/all the CVA's that blew up were in 1996/1997.

Read where? Check the dates of the lawsuits. This is far from the truth. Most maybe, but plenty of "mishaps" WELL after 1997..........

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI think every company will have a flaw once in a while

As far as CVA is concerned, this is a HUGE understatement. The whole company is one giant flaw. Always has been.

It is their propensity to LIE that bothers me even more than their history of inferior/unsafe products.

Their creation of "Bergara Barrels" is laughable also. Put a name on a barrel, and I guess it has to be good. Great marketing scheme though, as many have bought into it.

FAQ from their website:

"Is my Bergara barrel better than a factory barrel?"

Newsflash--It IS a factory barrel.

I've already said more than I care to. CVA's track record SHOULD speak for itself. They have LIED to the public for years and years. Why someone would purchase a CVA over a quality muzzleloader from a reputable company will always remain one of life's great mysteries AFAIC.

Even if CVA did produce a quality product worth buying, their years of LYING and incessant sweeping of the facts under the rug would prevent me from ever considering their product. They continue to epitomize all that is BAD in a corporation IMO...........

I am not trying to stir the pot but didn't Shilen help in the design of the barrels. I know many people who have Shilen myself included and they are top notch barrels. I really don't care either way. I don't muzzleload and probably never will. I had an Encore 22-250 and from what I remember it shot moa or a little better. I didn't handload then so I never really got to see it's true potential. I would pay a little more and buy American.

Coming from a guy ADMITTEDLY on CVAs payroll who has been BANNED from other sites time and time again, under various screen names, for plugging CVA products without a sponsorship, that means----NOT MUCH...........
lol.gif

Most here don't know who you are, but I DO.

Save it.......

I started trouble? That's funny, If you look up on the screen, it is YOU who started trouble with me.

You've never been banned for plugging CVA products or been given free stuff by them? Okay
rolleyes.gif
It's your story, tell it however you want
rolleyes.gif

I have no time for sociopaths today.............go find Whiny Man. You two will get along famously......

never been banned for posting what i shoot. Thats what forums are, free advertisement for EVERY product out there that someone uses. Any time you talk about something you use, advertisement. Simple as that.

Back