Got Some 22DTi/6mmDTi/25DTi/6.5DTI Data Post Here

Originally Posted By: SiringoGreg --- have your tried Winchester Small Rifle primers yet? They did give me the highest velocity.

Siringo, I have not found any yet. But I am going to try them as soon as I can . Thanks for the info, I had been on the look out for some. There was a rumor that the new Win SR primers were too soft for use in AR's. I have no idea where that started or where it ends. But I will try some@@
Greg

HUMMMM ---- wonder what Winchester uses in their own 5.56 ammo?

Anyway --- I have found in the 450 Bushmaster and 25 DTI that WSR give me the highest velocities and good accuracy. Rem 7 1/2 give slightly better accuracy for me, but little slower.

Originally Posted By: SiringoHUMMMM ---- wonder what Winchester uses in their own 5.56 ammo?

Anyway --- I have found in the 450 Bushmaster and 25 DTI that WSR give me the highest velocities and good accuracy. Rem 7 1/2 give slightly better accuracy for me, but little slower.

I too wonder what Winchesters uses. We know they use their regular SR primer but rumors have a way of creating questions for no reason. THanks for the reality check!!!

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSAnybody ever have any luck with hornady 65 grain vmaxes in a 6 DTI 12 twist?
I would like to know also if anyone has.
Ill be extrapolating some loads if not.

I just finished checking some COAL's in my 25 DTI. I was curious as to how closely Mike is able to duplicate these rifles. Here are some examples. Length shown is measured to the throat contact point.

90 grain Sierra HPBT-2.215
75 Grain Vmax-2.32
70 Grain Blitz King-2.305
100 Grain Sierra Spitzer BT-2.27
100 Grain Speer HotCor-2.285
100 Grain Hornady Spitzer-2.292
87 grain Hornady Spitzer-2.30
100 Grain Nosler Partition-2.36
75 Grain Hornady HP-2.192

If any of you guys see an error here please let me know.
Happy Shootin'
Greg Harrison

25 DTI 18 inch barrel Heavy Match Contour
Results from chrono sessions did not result in any new revelations! I think Venatic, Siringo and others have covered most of the bases.
Here is what I have gotten.
10-18-12 80 degrees, sunny, but weapon not in direct sunlight

Powder-8208 Primer-Rem7 1/2
Bullet-70 Sie BK

31.5 Grains
Av Vel-2921 ES-71.40 SD 36.6

32.0 Grains
AV Vel-3030 ES-55.42 SD-28.01
Primer still round, no swipes.
Velocity okay speedwise but consistency could be better.
Accuracy at 100 yards was about 1 inch.
On this session, I got the 2 in one hole and 1 about 3/4 inch away syndrome.

I tried CFE with 75 grain Vmaxes. loads were form 33 to 34 grains. Velocity topped out at 2812 , with no pressure but velocity too low to interest me.

LeverRevolution 32.5 Grains 100 Grain Sie BT Primer Rem 7 1/2
Av Vel-2781 ES-15.98 SD 11.31
Primer still rounded, and swipes evident. No gain over 32.0 grains.

CFE 32.5 grains with th Sie 100 grain BT
Av Vel- 2718 ES-32.37 SD-16.64
Primer appeared still rounded, but swipes were visible. No gain over 32.0 grains.

Accuracy with both 100 grain loads were excellent. Sub 1 inch.

Powder-BLC2 Primer Rem 7 1/2 Bullet- 100 Horn Spitzer
32 grains
AV Vel-2632 ES-38.61 SD-21.18
Primers looked good and no swipes.

My goto's are:

LeverRevolution 33.0 grains Rem Primer 90 grain SHPBT
Av Vel- 2900 Accuracy good- deer killing excellent

LeverRevolution 32.0 Grains 100 Grain Nosler Partition or Sie BT Spitzer
AV Vel-2682 ES-11.29 SD 6.40
Have not killed a deer with this one, but it has promise in my mind. I will test it this year.

I keep coming up with this one in my notes where I have marked it with a star due to accuracy and speed. I have shot it over the last year on several occasions with consistent results.

TAC Powder Rem Primer 70 grain BK or 75 Grain VMax
33.7 Grains AV Vel-3061 ES-43.39 SD-22.11
Primers looked ok and no or minimum swipes! It is a coyote killer!!

All cases used were SSA.
I know this isn't ground breaking but hope it helps someone somewhere. I know I have enjoyed working with the DTI. I have other data with 322, Ext, and Benchmark but it was all hohum!
Good Shootin' Guys

Greg

Last edited:
Great information Greg!!!! Regarding the swipes ---- as an experiment I installed a regulated gas tube from MGI. With the Leverevolution powder, I eliminated the swipes and can set the action to function in sub zero weather or 80 degree days.

There is not a good selection of adjustable gas blocks for the .875 diameter barrel. I sure wish someone would make an adjustable block similar to Ruger's adjustable piston system --- rather that use allen set screws. YOU HEAR THAT MIKE!!!!!!!!!

Siringo,
My loads are basically what you already came up with. The LR stuff was really good. I will have to try the 80 grain TTSX. It's not that I don't believe your info at all, I just like to play around. 8208 may be the ticket for it. No magic powder , I know, but I can hope.
My barrel is a different countour. Mine is .750 at the gas block then .730 to the muzzle. I asked Mike about last week and he advised he did'nt know if he had room to make them adjustable. But we can help. I have a CS extra strenth buffer spring from,I think JP Enterprises. That may help a little. I may go the adj. block route just cause I can, but I like the 25 DTI written on my gas block, not really a good reason not to change it, I know.
Deer season here opened yesterday but I work weekends and can't try any of the new loads on deer yet!
Greg

While working on another upper/caliber, I purchased an adjustable gas block from Wilson combat (.750) carbine length. Unfortunately, it would not fit under Mike's Handguard (their on-line lit was not clear). But I liked it because I could adjust if from the front. I'll save it for another day.

Regarding the 80 grain --- my tests were very limited. It is such a long bullet. BUT if you can get it going 3000 fps ---- GREAT.

Also -- for those that read this forum, the November issue of Shooting Times has a good article on the 250 Savage. Writer used a 22 inch barrel Savage and for the most part was getting the same velocities as the 25 DTI produces. COOL!

Originally Posted By: SiringoAlso -- for those that read this forum, the November issue of Shooting Times has a good article on the 250 Savage. Writer used a 22 inch barrel Savage and for the most part was getting the same velocities as the 25 DTI produces. COOL!

I read the article, it was pretty good. I wish I could duplicate his load with the 80 Grain TTSX. That would be pretty devastating. I am gonna purchase an adjustable bas block, just don't know which one yet. Still looking !
Greg

Just got thru doing a little shooting with 8208 and 75 Grain Vmax loaded to 2.29. I found a pressure peak really quick due to poor load testing practices.
I tried 31 grains with ok results, no pressure signs and speed averaging 2880. I got brave and jumped to 31.5 grains and was rewarded with 2921. I got really brave and loaded 32.0. On this load I got an average of 3031. To me that is a heck of a jump and would indicate a spike to say the least!
Even [beeep] I got the 100 fps jump, I loaded up 2 more loads, 32.2. and 32.4. I will try that and see where it goes. Still have not gotten to really try out the new Adj. Gas Block I installed!

Greg

Last edited:
Any body got a bullet drop chart for .25 DTI ??

I'm shooting 75 vmax at 3100 zeroed at 100

The dang wind blows here every day here and haven't had a chance to check out to 200,300,400 yards

Thanks guys

Back