What to do with old shotgun shells?

AubreyD.

I have about a full case of old shotgun shells and most of them have rust on the brass. I dont want to just throw them out my question is what what would you guys do with them?

Old as in paper hulls? Rust on brass?
I think some of them older shot shells are kind of cool. I probably just keep them on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesBrass won't/don't rust. Tarnish would be a better word.

Shoot em.

Lots of current or most shotgun ammo is brass colored steel.
Would have to be pretty old to be real brass.
Get out a magnet and see.....

I would use them to make Christmas lights. Get a stringer of clear white lights then put the shotshell hulls over the lights. The best hull colors would be green and red. Then decorate the house for Christmas with shotshell lights.

I've seen the bases on hulls swell pretty bad after that rust happens. I don't shoot any with a substantial a mount of rust. A couple of pin size spots is fine, but not much past that, IMO.

Ya I tried shooting a few in My Super Nova and they were really hard to eject. They all went off just really hard ejecting. I thought about taking some apart and keeping the lead for my bulls bags? I just don't know what to do with the powder?

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.Ya I tried shooting a few in My Super Nova and they were really hard to eject. They all went off just really hard ejecting. I thought about taking some apart and keeping the lead for my bulls bags? I just don't know what to do with the powder?

You ever see "the great outdoors" with John Candy. If not , pay close attention when he is drinking a glass of wine and telling the killer bear story. After this you will have an idea of what to to do with your half full solo cup of powder!!

Back