Western Oregon kill

Rosco2469

I had a great morning to go and do some coyote hunting. I have been trying to help out some friends with coyotes problems. I made the same stand as I did a couple of weeks ago and got one to come in fast in less than a minute but I had a little gun problem. I did the first call like I did a couple of weeks ago but no takers. I had to pull out my bag of tricks. I had my mojo critter helping me out in the stand and my Alpha dog caller was doing his job. I did come howls, rabbit distress, then I went to woodpecker distress and this coyote came out of the blue. I watch him for a few seconds and I could tell he was catching mice. It has been to long since I have killed a coyote so I was wanting to shoot fast. The coyote was not facing me but it butt was and as it gave me a shoot I took it. I barely had a shoulder shoot so I made the shoot. It went down and then it got up did the death spin and went down not more than 10 feet from where I hit it. I was shooting .223 with 40gr BT no big holes just a dead dog. You can see this looks like coyote country. The land owners have seen up to 9 coyotes running around there farm animals. I love this sport it never gets old when you see one and get a shot on it. Hope you all had success this weekend too.

Nice looking coyote. I got skunked fox hunting this weekend. I'm gonna go out tonight and do a sunset hunt at a new spot I got permission to hunt on USCG property. Hope I'm as lucky as you, I found west Oregon one if the hardest places to coyote hunt I've ever been.

Awesome hunt! Was out in Culver over the summer visiting my fiancee's family and I have to say, next time I go it will be winter and I will be driving out so I can take a call or 5 and a gun or 3. Looked like heaven for a coyote hunter.

Back