foxpro for turkey calling?

guess

I have never seen anyone use a foxpro for calling turkey! I know that sounds are available,but has anyone tried it!
I will be guiding and filming alot of turkey hunts this season! I'm thinking the foxpro would be a very useful tool!
don't get me wrong on this, I will always be a hand call user for both predators as well as other game,but in my opinion as a tool you can not beat a foxpro! there have been times when I had birds hang up on me that I sure wished I had another caller with me or a remote caller to make the bird think I was leaving the country with out having to change or give away my location!

after ordering two turkey sounds on my foxpro so my old man could use it after coyote season..i found out it's illegal to use a ecaller in michigan too.

I do know on a couple coyote stands that were not producing I got several turkeys to come in well within range.

-Drew

Guess,
The thing about turkey for me is I am striking up a conversation with the turkey so I need to be versatile on the next sound I am making . un like coyote and distress sound were they will work in without a sound .
I need to answer hen or tom calls with the correct answer. So for me a elec. E caller would hamper my turkey lingo.
But you struck a cord when you sad about having two sounds going at the same time this I think will be a good place for a e caller in that if you now your turkeys direction of travel you could leave the remote e caller some thirty yard behind you and if they hold up
And you know what sounds are going to play when you hit the button this could work and make him the tom think you are leaving and move him self close to the call and in to you range.

I have many time got up and left my hunter and slowly walked a way calling to have the hung up tom move aggressively closer to the shooter and in his gun range.

Tall you the truth it works like a charm.

I would get a caller that has some soft puts and pers I think these would be the sound that would work .

Good luck
George aka REM223PA

Gentlemen,

Not trying to open up "Pandora's Box" here, but having read the comments of several fellow hunters regarding E-Caller's being against the law in certain states, I am irked at the situation. Perhaps we should start a movement of some sort? In an effort to make e-calling legal in all of the USA.

Why not? Is there any difference in the effect it would have in any one state over the other? Ridiculous. It is quite apparent to me that the anti-gun, anti-hunting, PETA lovers, have snowed the various state legislators into passing such laws without the people realizing what has happened to them. Same principal that causes bad laws to get on the books in all issues. Uninformed legislators, and public.

Does Predator Masters have any affiliate in any lobbying movement, or through the NRA that could assist all hunters in legalizing electronic calling? Maybe I'm going off on a tangent here, but it sure raises my hackles when I read unjust laws like those that are stupidly serving no useful purpose.

Why is an electronic caller any more effective, or hurtful to the game population than a hand made manual caller? None, in my opinion. Anyone can become proficient with a manual caller to the point of being successful with any bird, or animal, with practice. It hasn't cost us any species that I am aware of at this point, why would an e-caller be any different?

I'll get off my soap box now. Just had to get that off my chest. I hate stupid laws that are voted in by uninformed legislation, and supported by private interest groups that want to take away our liberties. Good hunting guys. Bill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Just my .02cents but I'd much rather use mouth/friction calls when it comes to hunting spring gobblers.More of a tradition I guess.Even if they did legalize e-callers for turkey hunting here in PA,I doubt I'd use one.Just my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not only is it illegal in Missouri.....
I wouldn't have it any other way!

There is nothing more exciting than to call in a big, fat, old tom with only a diaphragm call! That last 50 yards or so, every time they gobble, it sounds like the sky is gonna come crashing down! WOW!! I love it!!

I usually hunt over the upper-most stretch of the Current River.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif STAY OUTTA MY WOODS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
me!

I call all kinds of critters to the camera, spring turkeys being one of my favorites. I usually use a diaphram cutting call or voice hen yelps for big toms (because I can, and because my vocal cords are always with me and often up to the task when I happen to run into a gobbler). But hen yelps can be tough on my larynx, I often have a sore throat for couple of days after a trying to coax a longbeard out into the open. Since I find also that boxes and slates occupy both hands, which I need for photography, I've also downloaded gobbles, and recorded a number of my own, yelps, cutting calls, kee-kees, purrs, and flydown cackles. So I guess you could say I've pretty much called them every which way you can. (Haven't yet had one come to the two-mountain-lions-coupling call though!)

If you're thinking of going the ecaller route, one thing you might want to pay particular attention to that slate and box calls have a VERY high-pitched component to them. My money says this is why they're so effective. Lots of experience and some scientific data showing gobblers have a VERY strong response to ultra-high frequencies, i.e. the chirps and purrs that hens make. Now look, any fool--and probably any e-caller--can make a turkey gobble. A coyote howling or a siren will set them off. Slam the truck door! But locating them is only part of the hunt; to coax a cagey ole tom to work closer to you, ah now that is a different matter entirely. They're used to getting the hens to come to them, so you've got the cards kinda stacked against your favor from the start.

Unfortunate fact is, most horn type e-callers simply cannot reproduce ultra-high frequency sounds well, if at all. I assume the the FP to be among these. (Hasten to add that I haven't tested the FP output myself for real-world frequency response, but that might be an interesting criteria for snowcamoman's test).

LionHo

Back