Menefee...

GC

Rocky Menefee Semi-Skinner with an adaptation to choke up for detail work. This one is 3/32” CPM 154 with a high hollow grind and drawn swedge, perfect bevels beautiful finish and a razor grind! Total blade is 4" with 3 5/8” of cutting edge. Sounds kinda long but in the hand it is a thin razor extension of your hand and when you choke up on it is very nimble and responsive. It is billed as a hunter, skinner, butcher, camp and kitchen utility knife and I can’t see why it won’t live up to that. The scales are matched coco bolo with nice color and figure, two stainless pins and one subdued mosaic at the rear to dress it up a little. Sheath is tooled leather by Larry Parsons. It arrived yesterday and I used it to dress some trout, slice some taters, onions and tomatoes for dinner. Going bow hunting deer with me tomorrow. I think it is gonna fit in just fine around here. The picture is from the seller Vincent Mazzei; who by the way is a great guy to deal with.

Very nice looking piece. For some reason, the older I get the more my taste moves toward the smaller knives and guns.

Nice addition Gary. I like the design and especially the steel choice. Looks like it will be a very usable piece too.

Originally Posted By: WorkmanNice addition Gary. I like the design and especially the steel choice. Looks like it will be a very usable piece too.

What Brian said^^^

Originally Posted By: GC It arrived yesterday and I used it to dress some trout,

I just remembered something.
Back when you were teasing us with the pic of the sheathed knife I asked if it might be a new Bird&"TROUT".
Looks like I was right after all.

Apology accepted.
smile.gif

LOL... for an old curmudgeon your memory is still pretty good. They say that is the second thing to go...
wink.gif

Used the Menefee to process a little doe my son shot with his bow today. It is a slicer for sure, not real pointy for getting under the silver skin. But for any pure slicing chores it is excellent.

Back