New to predator hunting

pd1

Looking for help getting started on predator hunting. Mostly coyotes.I live in south Louisiana where there are mostly sugar cane fields. Once these fields are cut they are wide open. I hear coyotes at night howling, so I know they are in the area. How to I go about hunting them ?

Thanks,
Phil

I am new myself, but its as simple or complicated as you want to make it. If you have a rifle and a simple hand call you have all that you need. Sit in a fence line and start squawking and see what happens. You can keep it simple or get all crazy like I did and decide what works for you.

I would recommend to start simple and see what you think...if you enjoy it start picking up the items you think you need the most and go from there.

Most important thing is make sure there coyote sign where you hunting. Watch the wind and don't move much and you will get kills.

What type of hand call and where do I get them ? What other sign besides tracks and droppings ?

Thanks, Phil

Last edited:
There is some amazing call makers right here on the forum take a look in the classifieds. It may take a awhile for it to all come together don't get frustrated or impatient find several locations you believe coyotes to be you say you already are hearing them at night that's a good sighn just get out there and get started promise you will learn something new every time good luck!

Make sure you bring a big bag of patience and a box full of determination. Until you get it all to click its frustrating. I know caude Ive yet to get it alk in sync. I have luck here and there but am by nonmeans good at it.

stick with it and spend time in the feild. Cant hetbfur on the ground if you dont go out.

Cottontail in Distress

Jack Rabbit Distress

Fawn Call

Primos Mouse Squeaker

Hunters Specialties Foldable Feather Distractor

Primos Combo Lil Dog open reed Barker/Howler Call's,small green Caller and larger Black/White Caller with instructional DVD!

Like Stobber mentioned...You can make it simple or go Whole Hog,best thing is to go at it slow,see what You really need to make it work and if You enjoy Predator Hunting add to it as You go!
wink.gif

Back