Oooohraaaa!

hm1996

Staff member

Been around before, but makes me smile each time I read it and I could use a good smile right about now!
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Those guys have all the luck...Some really good, some really bad...Just depends on how your coin lands...

You would have thought the sight of four Marines outside of the place would have caused him to think twice and it's not everyday those Marines get to refresh their skills while in the states, out of the bar scene or off base...

Catskinner,,,,See, all cops aren't bad...those were really good report writers...Wonder if they happened to be in one of the classes I taught??

Ahhhh...Does my heart good to see my Fellow Marines doing good in the community. Collecting Toys for Tots, always swells my heart.
Bet their new friend didnt watch the news, if he had he'd have heard about the 98% chance of Banana Peels in his area. Sounds like a simple case of Good Karma and Sir Issac Newton getting together...Case Closed! Outstanding police work, bet that SOB couldnt wait to get into that jail!
PS- Anyone hear how the Marine with the knife made out?

Yes in fact. I googled the story and the Marine was fine after a few stitches if I remember correctly. Google Corporal Duggan and you'll find video of an interview with him as well.

Last edited:
And who says Sir Newton & Karma don't have a sense of humor.

Makes me smile. And someone tell the Augusta GA public works those curbs are hazardous.

T2G

Probally a good thing "Da Boys" didnt have time to think that through. Time and PO'ed Marines is a good recipe for llloooonnnnggggg bad day, that no one would ever hear about.
Just what I read in books, I wouldn't know

It has been brought to my attention that the above story has been embellished a bit:

Quote:Hate to be a party pooper but the story of the marines and shoplifter you posted isn't entirely true, although I will admit it's still a good read. http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stabbedmarine.asp

Have to admit I didn't check snopes as I don't put much faith in their (political) truthfulness as they list hard to port in that regard. Have no reason to doubt other than political issues on their site??

FWIW, I did google Cpl. Duggan and found a number of other news items on the event; one video showed the perp (minus most of his front teeth) but otherise seemed to be healthy as he sat in the back seat of a police cruiser.

Any rate, thanks for the heads up, Huntinjim.

Regards,
hm

Back