NV vs. FLIR advise

Originally Posted By: doublecheeseOriginally Posted By: SkyPupHoly Mackeral, that is one AWESOME photo!

Congrats! You deserve that smile on your face!!!
drool.gif

This one's for you then
smile.gif

Below is where I went swimming during the day, can we say this boar picture has the nicest view ?
smile.gif

dsc00887q.jpg

This has GOT TO BE THE BEST WILD BOAR photo I have ever seen!!!

Hi guys

I've been away for a while but I'm back now and the hunting season finally opened here .

This weekend I went to a Night Wild Boar hunt and I shot dead 3 Wild Boars, one of them was huge and I thought I'd share it with you guys ....

I used .300 Win mag , 165gr

ffrq.jpg

z4k5.jpg

Last edited:
Geez, that is one heck of a wild boar, I would be using a 300 Win Mag or 338 Mag on beasts like that with a .44 backup....
w00t.gif

300 win mag , 165gr is OK as long as you place the shot on the 1/3 front upper side of the body.

The funny thing though, that nite I didn't have my camera with me ( i had my phone only) so we decided that we go there next morning to take some pictures and also to collect the tusks.

When we went there the next morning, we realized that my boar is not there anymore, then I spotted some dragging marks on the ground, we followed the marks and found the boar about 100 yds away.

When we saw the animal, the back half of the animal was eaten by a bear !!!! And the bear did not seem to be around, so we took the tusks and I was always alerted incase the bear attacks us.

We might go for this bear soon but I never shot a bear before and I don't know if 300 win mag, 165 gr. is enough !!!!

Last edited:
Apparently bears like pork chops!!!

You may need some 220 grain bullets with the size of the beasts in the woods around there....

We very have stupid rules here.

We can only buy the bullets from a government official bullet sales office and each person has 200bullet limit per rifle he owns.

Also this govt. bullet sales office has only Federal 180gr and Fusion 165gr on 300 win mag.

As you can see we are limited to whatever they import in to the country.

From time to time we can find other bullets which are brought into the country somehow but they are very expensive ...

Nice shooting there DoubleCheese, and that albino looking boar certainly is a keeper!
thumbup1.gif

143 kilos = 315 pounds, not too shabby
drool.gif

Cool pics doublecheese! About the ammo in your country, can you guys reload your own, or are you only able to buy new from the government? If they tried that here in the US, it would kick off the second civil war I'm quite sure. What country do you live in?

Hi Guys

I have been away as the Hunting Season had opened and I was attending various types of hunts , the season will close this weekend so I will send some pictures later on .

Here is a teaser though
smile.gif

h78q.jpg

Last edited:
Back