OUR NATION

hm1996

Staff member

Quote:OUR NATION

By J.D. Zumwalt, in National, Opinion

I am the (extremely annoying) kind of guy who always thinks he has THE answer to just about anything. Still – I had all but given up on ways to fix our great nation. I just now figured it out and it is very simple. Before I present my plan to you, I would like to re-hash what has happened in the last few weeks.

First we saw Syrians killing Syrians. They do that all the time. This time they used gas and that made us angry. Bullets were OK. So was torturing someone to death. Gas was a Red Line the United States would not allow to be crossed. Oops! Mr. President – They crossed it; in fact, they crossed it several times.

Now we (“we” means our young men and women) had to do something. Why? We had to do something because the President decided a year ago that he should take it upon himself to declare the use of gas as a red line. We (Don’t forget the definition of “we”) have to do SOMETHING, the question is … What?

The President decided, “we” should wage a little tiny war on Syria. He decided to lob a few missiles into Syria. Much to our President’s surprise, he did not receive much support for this plan – not from Democrats and not from Republicans. “No worries,” he declared, I am the President and I have the power to do this. He looked elsewhere for support. The ONE nation we can ALWAYS depend on – Great Britain – thought about it and decided they would NOT join us.

What could the President do now? He didn’t want to launch a strike with so many Americans against the strike. “I know,” he thought, “I’ll put the vote to Congress. Then they get blamed either way. Whew – I am glad I thought of that!”

It seemed like a good idea at first. He sent the brilliant Secretary of State, John Kerry, to testify before Congress. Kerry was the perfect guy to do this. After all – isn’t the job of the Secretary of State to spend most of his time trying to talk Congress into going to war? Oh – Wait a minute. You’re right! His job is to deploy statesmanship to keep us OUT of war.

Watching Secretary Kerry before Congress was sickening. He treated them as though they were children. After all, he had spent most of his life in Congress. Most of them were his buddies, or they were afraid of his power or he flat out displayed open contempt for them. He IS the Great John Kerry.

Soon the hearings turned buffoonish. Secretary Kerry used up every word in his considerable vocabulary to think of ways to describe how small the strike on Syria would be. It almost sounded like “we” were merely going to try to pull off an attack that they would hardly notice. If any Syrian were to somehow get a hangnail during the strike, it would be a mistake on our part.

During the hearings, Secretary Kerry decided to come off his script in answer to a question. He was asked, “Is there anything the Syrians could do to prevent this.” He answered by saying the only thing the Syrians could do would be to turn in all their chemical weapons. He also noted that would never happen.

(Personal Note: SO – Our red line means you can slaughter as many people as you like. We will tolerate it as long as … You turn in your weapons when you are finished slaughtering them. Wow – No one will mess with us now!)

This is about the time that the President of Russia entered the picture. President Putin had already called Secretary Kerry a liar. You just don’t do that; Heads of nations do not “talk trash” – Unless they are trash. And, of course, Putin is the worst kind of trash. He is a former KGB agent. I will not attempt to explain the cruelty of the KGB. I hope you’ll do some quick research and find out for yourself what a human scum like Putin is capable of. Read what happens to news reporters who say bad things about Putin.

So – Putin begins to get involved. I want you to understand that I am backing our nation’s leaders against Putin anytime and anywhere. I am sad to report that Putin played our President like Eric Rosenblith playing the violin with Heng-Jin Park accompanying on the piano. It was like watching Don Corelone talking to the very weak Senator Pat Geary in the movie, The Godfather. I can almost hear Putin now, “Why didn’t you come to me first? Why did you go to the Congress?”

So – President Putin began to play. He offered to intercede. He stated that Russia would make certain all chemical weapons were accounted for and taken away from the Syrians. Our leaders said, “OK – Thank you Godfather.” Putin laughed. He had assured himself a Peace Prize.

You remember what Putin did next? He wrote an Op-Ed in the New York Times. It was perfectly crafted. No doubt, he had lots of help from the KGB – Who by the way – Now work for him. He played upon the naiveté of good American people. It sounded like he was shocked that anyone would EVER consider war. No need for that. (By the way, guess where the Syrians got MOST of the chemical weapons? Guess who taught them how to use the weapons? If you guessed Russia and Mr. Putin, you are correct.)

Putin had now guaranteed himself the Time Magazine “Man of the Year Cover.” You just watch!

So here we are today. We have the enemy that Ronald Reagan helped us bring down, rising to power once again. They manipulate our leaders like Pinocchio on a string (And, by the way, Pinocchio’s nose continues to grow). The part that makes me afraid is the fact that neither our leaders nor our citizens realize what is happening.

Ladies and gentlemen of every political party – Please wake up. Do something! Oh – That brings me back to where I started. What can we do?

YOU are the reason this “tiny” war stopped. Congress listened to you. You got on the phone and called. You sent e-mail and letters. You attended town hall meetings and MADE them hear your voice. That is the key to taking back our nation. We have to do it at the state and local level.

I want to talk more about that issue next time.
# # # #

Permission to reprint this article in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided the following credit line is used: “Reprinted by permission from The Voice of North Carolina, Ltd. www.voiceofnc.com”

Biographical Sketch:

Click on J.D. Zumwalt in the Left Column for Other Articles and a Biographical Sketch.

Regards,
hm

Quote:president Putin had already called Secretary Kerry a liar. You just don’t do that; Heads of nations do not “talk trash” – Unless they are trash.....Actually, Kerry has already been proven to be a Liar...Have we forgotten his inflated claims regarding his exemplary Viet Nam service days that he was so eloquent about during his bid for the White House when he was trounced by Obama and then turned out by the Swift Boat crew members....And, the fact that he disrespected what ribbons/medals he may have earned for what efforts he did put in, as a war protestor...IMHO, he's just a short second behind Jane Fonda...

Putin was not hitting on virgin ground...

I have to admit to experiencing a perverse degree of pleasure in watching our Heads of State making total fools of themselves over the Syrian situation...Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed, so far...We really did not need to inject ourselves in the mess from a military standpoint...

Quote:Heads of nations do not “talk trash”

I don't think JD was taking up for "Swift Boat" Kerry; just making the point that it is (almost) unheard of for the leaders of this nation to be called a liar by another head of state even if it is true.

Agree that Kerry is on a level w/Hanoi Jane:

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Rocky - Like a old friend of mine once said " you speak the truth with wisdom ".
I could go thur a 3 page single spaced report on what I think of the dirt bag in the White House , kerry and a whole list of others but you summed it up pretty well.

Back