Obama firing off more executive orders

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:president, Feinstein reignite gun-control fight after Navy Yard shooting

Published: 7 hours ago
In the wake of the shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, President Obama plans to implement more executive orders and reiterated his commitment to strengthening gun laws, including expanding background checks to sales online and at gun shows, CBS reported Tuesday.

“The president supports, as do an overwhelming majority of Americans, common-sense measures to reduce gun violence,” spokesman Jay Carney said.

Obama has been powerless to get legislation passed despite a string of mass shootings during his presidency.

Only hours after a dozen people were gunned down at the Navy facility, and while police still were treating the scene as a crime investigation site Monday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., issued a statement calling for more gun controls from Congress.

It said, in part:

“This is one more event to add to the litany of massacres that occur when a deranged person or grievance killer is able to obtain multiple weapons – including a military-style assault rifle – and kill many people in a short amount of time.

“When will enough be enough?

“Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country. We must do more to stop this endless loss of life.”

Phillip Dennis of the Dallas Tea Party was not surprised at the almost immediate calls for congressional action.

“The left never lets a crisis go to waste,” Dennis told WND. “They capitalize on a grief-stricken American populace to advance their statist agenda. This is a time for mourning and healing, not emotion-based, knee-jerk legislating in response to a tragedy.”

Shortly after the Newtown school shooting massacre, President Obama unveiled 23 executive actions he planned to take in response. At the end of August, the president released a statement touting his progress on 22 of those recommendations and affirmed that he would use the power of the executive branch to push for more regulation of gun ownership since Congress has not acted.

The statement declared, “Even as Congress fails to act on common-sense proposals, like expanding criminal background checks and making gun trafficking a federal crime, the president and vice president remain committed to using all the tools in their power to make progress toward reducing gun violence.”

Dennis hopes, in a way, that more Democrats in Washington D.C. will push for gun control.

“The recent recalls in Colorado show that Americans are still supportive of the Second Amendment and are willing to throw politicians out who wish to infringe on that right.”

In that state, voters formally removed from office two lawmakers, including the Senate president, who pursued additional gun control laws during last winter’s legislature. They replaced the ejected Democrats with members of the GOP.

Dennis believes the upcoming congressional midterm elections in 2014 will deter Congress from acting, but the president has no incentive except the threat of impeachment to keep him from using executive action to accomplish his agenda.

“It is time to start impeachment proceedings against the president. He has more than enough impeachable offenses under his belt to warrant his removal from office.”

WND has been documenting the calls for Obama’s impeachment. The latest tally of members of Congress talking about impeachment is 15 strong.

Clinical Psychologist Dr. Dathan Paterno was not dismissive of the latest push for increased regulation of firearm ownership.

“Firearm regulation is slowly and quietly being turned over to the mental health ‘professionals,’” Paterno told WND. “Congress doesn’t have to pass more laws to restrict gun ownership. The laws are already on the books. If more people can be classified as mentally unstable and unable to own a firearm, fewer people will be able to legally own guns. This can be done without the passage of a single law.”

The guidelines that doctors use to diagnose psychiatric disorders were updated in May of this year and WND reported that half of all Americans could be considered mentally ill under these new guidelines.

“Don’t be fooled by a lack of bills being sent through Congress,” Paterno said. “Dianne Feinstein will be successful in restricting gun ownership whether she passes legislation or not. Obama’s executive orders paired with the new psychiatric guidelines are all that is needed to take firearms from the hands of Americans.”

Feinstein was a key player in Obama’s failed attempt to ram additional gun laws through Congress earlier this year.

She had sponsored the 1994 assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

Her history on gun control has been strident as well as contradictory. She once championed her private firearm ownership the same year she called for banning “all” firearm ownership.

Make preparations, with a comprehensive guide to self-defense, “Armed Response.

WND reported at a U.S. Senate hearing on terrorism after the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing she acknowledged she carried a concealed weapon to protect herself after two assassination attempts by the New World Liberation Front, the NWLF.

She explained: “I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon and I made the determination if somebody was going to try and take me out, I was going to take them with me.”

However, WND also reported, in an interview with “60 Minutes” the same year, she said: “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, picking up every one of them. Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in, I would have done it.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/obama-firing-off-more-executive-orders/#hwmjEw5Ujj0URBHQ.99

Regards,
hm

I am truly sorry for the lives that were taken, but so tired of the `push for gun control` BS, that I also have the thought,` why can`t some of these sick SOB`s be a little more creative`?
#$(&6@

Fieinstein and Obama need to stop what they're doing, take a big breath of air, and let the crime scene be investigated before opening their mouth's or they will be found to actually be as dammed stupid as they sound like they are.

Quote:Aaron Alexis began Navy Yard shooting with shotgun, then obtained pistol

By Richard A. Serrano
September 17, 2013, 12:23 p.m.

WASHINGTON -- Aaron Alexis, the gunman at the historic Washington Navy Yard, entered the base armed with only a shotgun then apparently “gained access” to a handgun after he began shooting, eventually killing 12 people, the FBI agent in charge of the investigation said Tuesday.

In addition, Washington’s police chief described how officers arrived at the scene within minutes, found the building where Alexis was killing and wounding co-workers and exchanged gunfire with him for “at least 30 minutes” before fatally shooting the 34-year-old gunman and bringing the rampage to a stop.

The disclosures by the two top law enforcement officials in the case began to give a clearer picture of the moments after 8:15 a.m. Monday when Alexis, a Navy contractor and former member Navy enlisted man from Fort Worth, entered the base, which is located along Washington’s Anacostia River waterfront.

FULL COVERAGE: Navy Yard shooting

Valerie Parlave, assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Washington field office, said Alexis arrived in Washington around Aug. 25 and began staying in “local hotels,” including a Residence Inn near the base that he moved into on Sept. 7. He had worked at bases in several cities in recent months as part of his job helping to maintain computer systems.

Alexis reported to the base Monday morning, Parlave said, noting that he “had legitimate access to the Navy Yard as a result of his work as a contractor, and he utilized a valid pass to gain entry to the building.” He was carrying with him the shotgun, which he had recently legally purchased from a gun store in a Virginia suburb.

Officials have said the shotgun was purchased from Sharp Shooters in Lorton, Va. The owner of the store refused to comment and directed questions to his attorney. The attorney, J. Michael Slocum, said his firm will respond with a written statement after it first is “reviewed and approved” by federal law enforcement officials.

“Once inside the facility, and after he began shooting,” Alexis “may have gained access to a handgun,” Parlave said. Investigators believe he took a weapon from a base security guard whom he shot. Contrary to previous reports that had been widely circulated, Parlave said Alexis did not use an AR-15 semiautomatic weapon.

Cathy Lanier, chief of Washington’s Metro Police Department, said police officers were at the Navy Yard within two minutes of the first calls for help. Within four or five minutes, she said, seven police units were going through the gates and trying to determine where the gunfire was coming from.

“There were different buildings, different calls and different building numbers, she said. After some minutes passed, “we had units outside the building where the shooter was, and they could hear another round of gunfire. They entered immediately, and two of them started giving lookouts and passing information along,” Lanier said.

PHOTOS: At the scene of Navy Yard shooting

“There were multiple engagements with the suspect with multiple agencies before the final shots were fired,” she said. In addition to the D.C. police, units from the Park Police, Navy security, the FBI and other agencies were involved. Lanier estimated that the gunfight lasted at least a half hour, but “not more than an hour.”

Lanier said that once the officers engaged Alexis in the gun battle, “there is no doubt in my mind they saved numerous lives.”

“It was a horrible tragedy,” she added. “We hope it never happens again anywhere.”

Parlave said the FBI believes that Alexis “acted alone.” But Ronald C. Machen Jr., the U.S. attorney in Washington, said federal prosecutors are still investigating to see if others had assisted him in any way, even unknowingly.

“We’re not going to stop until we get answers to these questions,” he said.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/...0,5976376.story

WND has it right, it's time to commence with impeachment proceedings, the list is entirely too long. And, I am relatively certain that Diane Feinstein would be amongst the half of Americans found unfit to own a gun on the basis of mental instability. Especially given her tendecies to run off screaming "Ban Assault Weapons! Ban Assault Weapons!" every time there is a shooting of any nature.

My question is, how did he get through the armed guards at the security checkpoints. I would be more concerned about national security, than banning guns, were I the president of the United States, when this guy can waltz into a Federal Installation armed with nothing more than a shotgun and cause this kind of carnage. Imagine what an assault team could have done and gotten away with.

I'm still waiting for the "If I had a son..." comments out of Obama, and I can't believe the media is still playing this story when it is a black on white/black/whatever crime!!!

This one is all on Obamas shoulders. As Commander in chief he is responsible for not only making decisions about our fighting men and women but also for their care when they are hurt, be it mental or physical. Apparently this guy sought help recently for mental issues.....Perhaps we should have instructed him to carry a giant red flag. And to think he is only one of many who come back damaged, and our gubment sends money to foreign countries who have nothing but hate in their hearts and our blood on their hands, all the while turning our backs on our own, who have fought under the assumption that they are keeping us safe. And yes I say OUR backs, because we, as citizens allow this to go on.

I wonder where the buck stops on this one Mr.Obama. I'll bet it ain't with you.

It's high time for Crazy Animal in the Street Control!!!

Permanent Control...Immediate Control...Severe Control

"Valerie Parlave, assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Washington field office'"

This man-chick scared the beejeebus out of me. I mean, she looks more manly than Obambi. Just saying.

T2G

Originally Posted By: Rocky1
My question is, how did he get through the armed guards at the security checkpoints. I would be more concerned about national security, than banning guns, were I the president of the United States, when this guy can waltz into a Federal Installation armed with nothing more than a shotgun and cause this kind of carnage. Imagine what an assault team could have done and gotten away with.

The security people see people day after day every day 5 days a week. Nothing has happened in years and years, they got lackadaisical and he slipped in a with a valid security ID.

I went through a security system for years, even had to unlock a door with a numerical keypad lock. Whose to say one day one of the fellow people that worked there wouldn't go nuts?

Back